Microsoft Band 1 on sale for $79.00 at the Microsoft store

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would absolutely consider it. I have a Band 1 and use it daily. I just tried on Band 2 today. Much more comfortable, but $180 more comfortable?!?

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Students, faculty and even parents apparently can get an additional 10% educational discount on the Band (but not the Band 2). So $71.10?

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I would not buy a band1 any more. No matter how careful I deal with it, after 3 months it looks like 3 years old. And faulty latest after 4-5 months . ( Total: 3 bands so far ) . Let's see how long it will hold the fourth .. (will not have guarantee any more..)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Got it today. Medium fits perfectly. It did not ship with a screen protector. I thought that one is supposed to be included.
Reading the field guide on how to use it!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy! I have not had major problems that others may have seen. The "Action" button started sticking a week ago, though. I plan to bring it in to the store for a replacement under Microsoft Complete. I also recommend you get some kind of screen protector- it WILL get scratched.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't work on Windows 10, I'm on the latest developer preview and can not get any integration with email, notifications, calls, Cortana... etc.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is already on its way back - on the second day of usage, the step counting just stopped - in the end I was forced to hard reset it - and in doing some the next time it synched it wiped all my stats in the app and the health vault.

My rule of thumb is if something is buggy out of the box that is a bad sign...

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Whilst most of the hardware is the same, I also would not consider the original band (even though the low price is tempting) as the band 2 fit and feel is so superior.
The next few months should reveal how robust the Band 2 is which hopefully much better than band 1.

blckDTshadow

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
" I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't work on Windows 10, I'm on the latest developer preview and can not get any integration with email, notifications, calls, Cortana... etc."

I am facing the same issues, huge disappointment, especially if your consider that 1586 was RTM (even if they don't call it like that anymore). I hope, that the next build fixes things...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss