What is the correct way of using Exercise button on Microsoft Band 2?

uFlock

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am fairly new to microsoft band 2 (or any fitness band for that matter) and I have a question about how to properly use exercise tile?

I am going to the gym and I mostly do free weight exercises, so how would I capture all that in a proper way?

In my first session with the band I've started exercise tile and after I finished a set I pressed pause and then unpause it when I am ready for the next set. This way band told me that I have burned 420 calories in 35 minutes (12 cal/min efficiency) but I had paused symbols all over my exercise graph in Web Dashboard.

So I assumed that something was wrong and for my next session in the gym I just hit the exercise tile -> pressed start -> exercised slightly more intense and after that it showed 536 calories in 58 minutes (9 cal/min efficiency), so although I have exercised more intensely my exercise efficiency was worse.

So which way is the correct way of recording your exercises? Or should I build workouts or something?

Thank you for reading and sorry for my broken English.

Rezzee

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

I keep my workout active even during periods of rest (like water breaks or switching equipment) for best accuracy. Even though you are not actively lifting a weight or doing a routine during rest periods, your heart is still doing the work as you move between exercises, and burning calories.

The exercise tile is great for general workouts that do not have a dedicated tile, such as running or biking.

uFlock

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thx for the input. I was thinking along the similar lines, but since I am not in a game of losing weight but putting some on, I don't believe that this feature is really relevant. Although the less calories I burn the better :)

strattonp

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I do the same, leave it on from warm up to cool down and streching. Tracking the heart rate over time normally show where the heavy exersion was with the weights. I get 8.5 cals/min for my last workout. I do a lot of streching.

uFlock

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes stretching and warm-up usually takes 25% of my total workout. If you are after burning calories just go on the treadmill you can easily burn 1500 calories that way, but I will become a mummy if I start doing that :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6