06-01-2016 06:27 AM
49 12
tools
    This is ABSURD!!! One more stupid thing that MS cant figure out....Is it beyond belief that we cant pair the FLAGSHIP MS phone to their Band 2?

What a joke....

I'm now stuck using my 1020 to pair and update my daily BAND workouts....How many more excuses are we all going to give MS?
    You're absurd. You can't figure out how to follow clearly written instructions to pair a phone and a band.
    It works. The only errors in the process are user errors.
    12-08-2015 07:21 PM
    You're absurd. You can't figure out how to follow clearly written instructions to pair a phone and a band.
    It works. The only errors in the process are user errors.
    That's not quite true. The fact the some of the 950/950XL cannot get 10586.29 is related to this pairing issue I suppose.
    I couldn't get the update before and did the hard reset as they told me that will solve the update issue.
    I got the update, and can pair my band with my 950XL no problem.

So, the point is: it's not users don't know how to pair the band with the phone. It's the fact that some of the 950/950XL have some sort of bug that keeping them from pairing the band.
    12-13-2015 07:30 PM
    Been working fine on my regular 950 from Day 1, except no Cortana or Text reply. Tried various repairing, resets, etc, but no luck yet. Kind of annoying after having this stuff work better on my 920 with Win8.1. Iron these bugs out MS!!
    12-14-2015 09:09 AM
    Last week's OS update fixed the problem I had been having... For a couple of days.

Now I'm back to the same nonsense where texting and Cortana refuse to work. Health continues to sync but even that isn't doing so as quickly and reliably as it once did. After a recent update to the Health app I even got a syncing problem notification I had never seen before.
    12-14-2015 11:17 AM
    I have a new Band 2 and L950XL. Band has never been paired with anything before.
    It paired up okay, but after a few hours noticed it wasn't updating.
    Following MS instructions, I removed it from app and phone, hard reset the band, uninstalled and reinstalled MS Health and started over.
    Did this probably three times.
    SD card on phone failed (has never happened before, probably related) and Band failed to sync.
    Removed SD card. Ran Windows Recovery Tool on Phone. Have reformatted SD card but not installed, wanted to make sure Band was working first.
    Paired Band with BT, (successful) then tried app, no luck. App just "can't find" the Band.
    Removed from BT, tried paring straight through app (that's how it worked the very first time), no luck.
    Hard reset Band, restart phone, try again. No luck.
    Have now been working at it for more than 24 hours.
    Have put off my run this morning until it was working, getting extremely frustrated.

Full factory reset on Band itself helps, waiting see if it loses connection again.
    Last edited by Hot Dawg; 12-26-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    12-26-2015 12:52 PM
    I've had to pair multiple times in the app before it stuck. Keep trying there before changing anything else. On a sidenote, just discovered the Wordflow keyboard is terrible now. Fix this stuff MS, or lose us forever!
    12-26-2015 01:06 PM
    Heh - I lived through Motoactv. MS won't lose me because of this.
    But really - A little tinkering is fine, but this is crazy.

Speaking of Motoactv, that thing would play music without a phone. Wish the Band could do that!

ETA: Went for run, got back and it's not syncing already. :( Had to force sync the app.
    12-26-2015 02:13 PM
    Anyone solve the "connecting" issue with Cortana/keyboard text replies?

There's three of us in our family with Band 2s, one 950XL and two 950s. All of us have the same problem.

This used to work when we first got the phones, but after the updates, we get stuck in the "connecting" state. Everything else works ok.
    02-18-2016 10:26 AM
    I was hoping the new .107 would've changed something but nada, always can get it working for a short while but when you would actually like to use it, it can't be relied on
    02-19-2016 12:38 AM
    I'm also totally in rage about what happened here:
    Bought a band 2 a few weeks ago and everything worked perfectly with my Lumia 950. No problem whatsoever. But, I ordered the large band and decided to sell it on ebay to get a medium one instead.
    Today the medium arrived and guess what. After pairing and connecting I also got the message when getting ready: Oops, something went wrong.
    Tried absolutely everything everyone said here but no joy.
    I eventually took out my old htc one and to my surprise everthing worked smoothly. I'm now considering using my old phone instead. Can you ffing believe this ****? Makes my blood boil. Sorry I can't help anyone. Can only hope for a quick app update.... Sigh...
    02-23-2016 02:27 PM
    Mine has worked perfectly fine on my 950xl since day 1, this is my 2nd band too (the strap broke on the other one), ive been on every developer preview OS too. Good luck to you guys
    02-24-2016 07:17 AM
    Mine has worked perfectly fine on my 950xl since day 1, this is my 2nd band too (the strap broke on the other one), ive been on every developer preview OS too. Good luck to you guys
    Yeah I'm calling BS, you are obviously not using your Band 2 as a smartwatch. My phone and text notifications just stopped working, after my email notifications stopped working after the previous update. After my Cortana support and keyboard replies have basically never worked. Windows 10 Mobile SUCKS, end of story. MS should just throw in the towel, and move all mobile efforts to Android.
    02-24-2016 07:45 AM
    I only have real problems with cortana communicating. Notifications tile, text tile works fine.. health stuff always syncing. With my 950XL.
    02-24-2016 11:54 AM
    If you lived in San Diego i could clearly show you, i get all my text and notifications, sometimes even before my phone does. Only problem ive had was the cracking strap itself which was replaced no problem at the microsoft store. I run every other day, use the sleep function every night, and goto the gym with guided workouts - maybe ive just been lucky. Only thing that doesnt work randomly is the alarm clock in sleep mode
    02-25-2016 08:23 AM
    Fixed it! Changed the language on my phone to English (was Dutch) and chose English as a language on the Band and that worked. Finally. Now I'm going to try and change the language again. Keep you posted.
    02-25-2016 01:00 PM
    Hi guys, I have Lumia 950xl and I am planning to buy a Microsoft band 2. So before buying it, I thought to download the app. But, when I search in store I am not able to find it. So, I went google'd for link which it opened in the store and it says Microsoft health not currently available. Can anyone help with this issue?
    03-02-2016 07:29 AM
    Hi guys, I have Lumia 950xl and I am planning to buy a Microsoft band 2. So before buying it, I thought to download the app. But, when I search in store I am not able to find it. So, I went google'd for link which it opened in the store and it says Microsoft health not currently available. Can anyone help with this issue?
    I just checked on my 950XL and the MS health app is there in the store.
    03-02-2016 10:13 AM
    Congratulations PhiI! I can feel your relief ;)

I'm stuck in a similar situation. Band 2sees 950XL,phone doesn't see Band.

I've tried everything suggested in this forum and yours looks like it should work (albeit substituting an iPhone 5 for the Android phone - which, of course works perfectly with my Band 2).

I'm wondering whether you can just add a few more (*****'s Guide) steps to your process as to when and when Bluetooth was turned on and off and when you reset your device and/or reinstall the App. I figure I'm getting something wrong as the fix isn't working for me and I just can't crack it.

I realise you posted a while ago and maybe you've forgotten those details and moved on...if so, I don't blame you, it's so frustrating!

Mine was working fine until I had to soft reset my 950XL and now all this trouble!

Here are the steps I followed to get mine to finally work:

Just got it to work.
    In my situation where I could always pair my Band 2 to my Nexus 6 without fail I followed these steps to get my Band 2 to finally work with my Lumia 950XL.
    1) Start Add Band process on my Nexus 6. On my Band 2 I selected Windows Phone instead of Android (Not sure this is needed but it seemed logical to me).
    2) Finish successfully adding the Band to my Nexus 6 and turned off Bluetooth on my Nexus 6.
    3) On my Lumia 950XL I uninstalled and reinstalled MS Health App and I had the My Microsoft Band option but when hitting it you can't actually see the Band 2 information.
    4) On my Band 2 I went to settings and Bluetooth and turned it off, turned it to 'pairing' and it asks if I'm pairing to iPhone and I said no. Waited for pair between 950XL and Band 2. After successful pairing I went into MS Health App and I am able to use everything just like on my Android but now with the added ability to use Cortana.
    I'm thrilled, and hope this works/helps for anyone else in the same situation.
    -Phil
    03-13-2016 06:48 AM
    Hi UKPal,

When I turned off the Bluetooth on step 2 it was more to disconnect my band 2 from my Nexus 6. I don't know if this step really added any value but I did it because when I go from one set of Bluetooth speakers to another set of Bluetooth speakers I usually power one set off before powering the other set on and then everything goes smoothly.
    That being said I'm not sure this process is valid any more after MS has updated the Windows Mobile Store version of the MS Health app.
    Sorry I can't be of more help. I've actually shoved my 950XL into the desk drawer and I'm on my second Band 2 after the first one tore in the band and I had to fight with MS to get a replacement.
    I still enjoy my (2nd) Band 2 over android wear watches but this experience has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my lifetime. I still think the MS Mobile eco system has the most potential but MS is really hurting themselves with bad experiences like these.

Good luck!

-Phil
    03-14-2016 04:43 PM
    I have had the same issue too (band 2 XL 950). Finished up playing soccer and using the run tile with GPS function with no other recorded issues.
    Tried to sync and received the band not recognised error "out of the blue". I reset the band, deleted blue tooth, reinstalled Health app and every other soloution plus the suggested ones on this page with no luck. I then succesfully synced and paired with an Iphone, so no issue with the band!

Long story short I did a full factory reset of the XL 950 and it all works again (for now...)
    03-15-2016 07:30 PM
    After factory resetting my Lumia 640 (to get it off the Slow Ring to the Production release) the Health app doesn't see the Band 2 anymore. I also reset the Band, but the Health app refuses to connect to the Band despite succesfully pairing on Bluetooth with the phone. It worked fine before resetting the phone.
    04-07-2016 10:56 AM
    After factory resetting my Lumia 640 (to get it off the Slow Ring to the Production release) the Health app doesn't see the Band 2 anymore. I also reset the Band, but the Health app refuses to connect to the Band despite succesfully pairing on Bluetooth with the phone. It worked fine before resetting the phone.
    When you paired it did you do it through the Bluetooth settings on your phone, or did you leave it unpaired until you went through the setup in the health app? i believe you shouldn't pair it except by using the health app.
    04-10-2016 06:20 PM
    The only problem I have with my 2x Band2's and 2x 950xl is they refuse connect to Cortana for voice search etc - but Cortana can connect to the band for messages all day - so it lies
    Kinda sux but who needs Cortana - I can live with out you! <if your listening> hehe
    04-19-2016 01:31 AM
    I can pair my band to my lima 930 using Bluetooth but the app doesn't detect my band at all. Tried all the steps above no luck, tried it on iPhone and it worked great. I got it to work with Microsoft band sync application. Only problem it wouldn't send phone and Mss notifications. Its funny that a Microsoft product has better compatibility to iPhone and android than windows 10
    06-01-2016 06:27 AM
49 12