Has MS Band-2 ? Inceased the Frequency and or intensity of Fitness related Activities you perform?

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
It will be nice if a moderator can put this as a Sticker

I am posting this as kind of a quick Yes/No Poll to gauge how the Band is impacting with our fitness related activities.

From my personal point of view: YES it has ? I am with Band 2 for 3 weeks + and I very consciously attempt to do more than the last session/last day ? whether it is Runs, jogs, weights training time or even walks (steps)

I also feel, if the accompanying Android App is more inspirational, encouraging it will have even more psychological boost/feels like wants to do MORE

What do other form members think ?? and feel free to vote

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Exercise no much, but sleep yes. Had the band 1 from UK launch and it helped change my sleep patterns. I am now conscious of just how much worse my sleep is if I have alcohol and how that affects my sleep days later.

I now have my Band 2 after getting a full refund for the band 1 due to corrosion issues. I have realised that wearing the band 24/7 I do more steps, I always take the stairs instead of the lift and try and do a lunchtime walk.

I can only say it has had a very positive effect and am puzzled at the bad press fitness wearables get.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought my partner a band for her birthday in July and a couple of weeks later I bought myself one too. We have always struggled to lose weight but mainly due to the steps function and the goals (we set our goal at 10k steps a day) and also changing our eating habits we have both managed to lose a stone and a half (24lbs) since July. Having the bands gives us incentive to push a but extra and also provides some friendly competition between us. Often at night we will simply walk around the house just to meet our targets for the day. We both love our bands and what we have achieved since getting them. I recently upgraded to a band 2 and took the ?70 buy back offer from Microsoft. 2 very happy customers here!

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
That's a wonderful news ... I seriously think The accompanying App should be more proactive to send quick messages to the phone - "you only have another 200 steps complete your target", "come on... burn 50 more Cal to beat your previous best" -
I believe Band 2 should be more of a motivator and a companion to make the user more and more active.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I voted no, since I am a long-time fitness device user and borderline fitness nut. So whatever additional motivation that might have happened, happened long ago when I first started wearing a tracker. Band 2 has certainly done nothing to decrease that motivation. Other than some concerns I have about the heart rate monitor, (that I hope will be ironed out through a firmware update) I'm very happy with Band 2, and happier with it than I was with Band 1.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes. My starbucks visitation has increased in both frequency and intensity.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jimmib

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I voted yes as I have increased the distance I walk to 3.5 miles a day since I got it....up from 3.0....the inspiration was to get my 10,000 steps a day....I am fairly active around home so I can stay active when I get old....only 70 right now....lol

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Nice one.. Each time I go to the gym, I am trying to beat my previous best..

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I voted no. I had started working out regularly about 18 months ago, and got talked into running a half marathon this past April. I got my first Band in March. I had previously just used my phone's gps to track runs along with and an Adidas stride sensor and their chest strap heart rate monitor, which I didn't find to be very accurate.

I've found the Band to be useful for knowing what I'm doing and measuring my progress, but I can't say that I've been encouraged to work out more often or more intensely than before.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I didn't vote, mostly because I still have a Band 1, but thought I'd throw my hat into the ring anyway:

Yes. It has encouraged me to get in my daily step goal. I didn't have one before I got it, and since it logs everything automatically, it's the nudge I need to get it done.

I've also discovered that sleeping in doesn't make up for going to bed really late. I need to watch the bedtime - even on weekends.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No, this isn't my first tracker, and I need to get in better shape to do RAGBRAI next summer, so I covered about double the miles on my bike than I normally would have in the months leading up to the release of the Band 2.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to the band, I am pushing myself to do just little bit more, from 8km in last week to 10Km this week.

Attachments

• 2015-12-18 06.44.08.jpg
    2015-12-18 06.44.08.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett