Since when you have your band1 without defect?

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi at all,

i really love my band1 (tried many other fittness bands before, but the microsoft band is the best), but only one problem:
since i got it (1 year) i had 3 exchanges (every 3-4 months) because of touchscreen defects. Now the guarantee will end and i am thinking about if there is a possibility that my fourth band will survive more then the next 3-4 month.

I am really very carefull with it. No water contact at all. And do not flex it as more as needed.

Somebody have another tips for me for a longer live? Please give me hope for it? How long you have your band without defects? Please say me that i just had a bad luck and there is a chance that my band will survive!

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm only about 2 months in. No issues with pealing or any other defects.

It may have to do with some complicated factors. How much do you sweat while wearing Band, what is the PH level in your sweat, how is the Band cleaned, etc.

Remember that people are way more vocal about disappointments than they are about satisfactions...

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but i did not any sport in the time.. so no sweat at all.. i am using the band only like a smartwatch, not for sports.

And you are right with the last sentence. Thatwhy i want to here some messages about satisfactions like: "i am using my band since one year without problems, no defects at all". So i get a hope that my band will survice the next 3-4 month. ;-)
Or some tips about experiences how the band gets a longer live..

Sidabras

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my band since march, and had no problems with it. Of course, the rubber started to peal off, but it's just a visual thing, of which I don't care. So yeah, not every band is with defects:)

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm using my band since march, and had no problems with it. Of course, the rubber started to peal off, but it's just a visual thing, of which I don't care. So yeah, not every band is with defects:)

Ok, thanks.. how you handle the charging of the band? I have noticed that my defects were often after charging. Daily? or only if the battery is empty.. Do you connect the cable to the power supply first or at first to the band?

Sidabras

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks.. how you handle the charging of the band? I have noticed that my defects were often after charging. Daily? or only if the battery is empty.. Do you connect the cable to the power supply first or at first to the band?

Well, nearly always when it notifies me when it's empty, so at 10% in a cycle of around 1,5 - 2 days. Of course sometimes i put it for a random charge if i see it will not make through the night for about 30-40% charge. I connect the cable to the power supply first. Glad this helps

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had 3 in 7 months. From new, first one stopped charging after about 2 months, replaced under warranty, second the plastic coating started disintegrating after 3 months of light use (no wetness, no serious exercise as I was injured), replaced under warranty. So I've had the 3rd one for about 2 months now and it is holding up pretty well so far...

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I went though a few bands trying to find the right size. I'm guessing I got this one in early January. The rubber has peeled off the battery doors and there's signs of the "pits" on the metal. But as far as functioning - flawless.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My first band stopped giving heart beat readings after about 2 months, and now 7 months into my second unit, the heart beat reads have stopped again, and today, the clasp popped off. I'm sending it back, and if they don't fix or replace it. I won't care. I think I'm done with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the functionality of the unit. I also don't mind the look or shape of the device, just the build quality. I will not recommend one to anyone else.

Bibifrine

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Strange. I am an early Bird on the Band and wearing it now around 1 Year.
No Issues at all. Except that I have already the 3rd armor Suit Screen Protector installed.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm just sorting out my third one in 7 months now.
Rubber on the battery cover peeling off, charging point bubbling, battery cover coming off. All my bands have had the same problem. Awful build quality. If yours is peeling send it back, that's the start of the problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo