Band 2 sort of works with Lumia 950, but not really

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My Band syncs just fine with my 950. I get all the notifications for calls and texts but I can't hang up calls and the keyboard refuses to connect. Cortana is a lost cause too; she won't activate on the phone when I submit a question. The weather tile on the phone is continues displaying correct, up-to-date reports, so I think the issue lies with the phone. For whatever reason, it refuses to respond to requests from the Band.

I've tried resetting the Band, and reinstalling the Health app with no success. Deleting the Bluetooth profile almost never works. The one thing I discovered that had been working was to force a sync in the Health app. Proper functionality was restored immediately after the sync. Up until yesterday. Now even that refuses to work.

This is frustrating as hell to say the least.

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had these exact issues with my Band 2 on my Lumia 640 with the latest WM10 Preview build. Someone somewhere else said a hard reset helped them. Haven't had a chance to try that yet.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've done the hard reset on the Band, including reinstalling the Health app at the same time. I've seen people say it fixed their problems, but for me it didn't work.

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The latest OS update mentions blue tooth fixes so hopefully that will help.

I have the same issues although the keyboard has connected for me before just unlikely and glitchy when it does.

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
This is a widespread issue. My 950 and Band 2 started communicating again (keyboard and Cortana - notifications have been fine) after using the Band Monitor app from my phone to connect to the Band. Various resets and messing with personalization had no effect, I just wanted to see if Band Monitor could still connect and then things were good again.

Definitely curious to know if the same works for others.

eta: Hasn't worked repeatedly. Balls.

Last edited:

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Purchased a band 2 and a 950xl on thanksgiving eve, I've never been able to get Cortana to work and the keyboard worked one or two times. I've deleted the app, hard reset the band, paired again and still no dice. There was an update to the health app two days ago thought that would fix the issues but it didn't.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the issues are with the Windows 10, not with the Health app. The app always syncs fine; it's the functionality outside the app that has problems.

At this point I think we're stuck waiting for the OS to be updated; or bluetooth, if that can be updated independently of the OS.

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
After updating to .29 I unregistered my band 2 from the health app and did a factory reset on it.

After re-registering, for the last 24 hours since then cortana seems to be working better at sending messages from my band

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
After updating to .29 I unregistered my band 2 from the health app and did a factory reset on it.

After re-registering, for the last 24 hours since then cortana seems to be working better at sending messages from my band
Can you launch apps using Cortana from the band? Like 'play music' or 'call someone'. Definitely doesn't work prior to .29, really hoping it's one of the fixes.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The .29 update doesn't fix the BT issues with the Band 2. If I try to use the keyboard on the Band, it will say "connecting" for a few minutes before timing out. Of course Cortana won't work from the Band either. Most other functions work properly from what I can see.

Izzmox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This kind of crap is irritating to no end. Microsoft needs to get their crap together and fix these ASAP.

What's even worse is how they won't F**KING tell us if they are working on fixing it or not. Like, rule #1 of consumer products is being honest and upfront with your customers and let tell them what you are doing so they don't lose trust in you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99