Activity reminder and music control

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft blog announced this morning that they are adding activity reminders, music controls, and the ability to categorize workouts in the exercise tile. Paul Thurrott's write-up says he hasn't seen the update yet, and I haven't either. Any guesses as to when this update will be available?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to Windows Central! We have a wide variety of different types of news articles, just a search away, as well as a friendly community! :D

Today, you're asking about the new features to the Band 2. Here to announce that the new features will be in the next major update, as mentioned on the main page. However, there wasn't a date mentioned as to when it'll be released, sadly.

Hope that answered your question, and again, everything you need to know is just a search away. ;)

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In the past they sometimes just pushed Band updates without any prior notice, and other times they gave notice a week or two in advance.

This certainly sounds like a very nice update. Band users have been clamoring for this since early in gen 1.

Thanks, Microsoft Band Team!

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not new here, but thanks for the welcome. Somehow I overlooked the Windows Central write-up when scanning the front page, which I thought was strange since they usually seem to have the most detailed write-ups regarding Microsoft news. That was my mistake, and I wouldn't have started this thread if I'd seen that first.

Anyway, the reason I asked about a speculative release date is that the Windows blog post doesn't say, but all the other articles I read were written as if the update was already available or with a sense of surprise/disappointment that there wasn't an update available when the writer checked this morning. Windows Central's article is the only one I've read that describes the update as being available "soon," which could indicate anything from today to a couple weeks from now.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else with Windows 10 Technical preview having issues? I'm on a 930 and cortana never worked anyway, and for music control I just get a perpetual connecting status...

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the preview with my 640 XL. The Band's music controls said that it was connected, but I had to open the Groove app on my phone and resume the last song that had played before the Band populated the current song title and artist and gave me any control over the music.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else with Windows 10 Technical preview having issues? I'm on a 930 and cortana never worked anyway, and for music control I just get a perpetual connecting status...

Not on technical preview. I had the new music control working with wireless headphones. Then I tried it with wired headphones, and I had the symptoms you describe. I checked my bluetooth settings, and I was connected to my wireless bluetooth speakers. I disconnected the not-in-use bluetooth speakers, and then it worked again over the wired headphones.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the problem with music controls not working when my Bluetooth headphones are connected.

I'm on Win 10 586.0 on a 950XL. Waiting for the .29 update in the hopes it fixes the BT problem above

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
The update works perfectly on Android. Activity reminder was the feature I most wanted to see on the Band 2 and I'm very pleased Microsoft added it now. The music control function is well thought out and works with multiple apps including Amazon music. Kudos to Microsoft.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
More info in this Reddit thread.

I verified that if I turn off all bluetooth devices, start playing music from Spotify, invoke the Band music control [not sure if this step is critical], THEN start music, Band music control works. If I have music off, connect the bluetooth device, and then start playing music, it appears that this feature doesn't work.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just starting to play with this, so far it's running fine. Just tried rudimentary controls like skipping ahead on songs, swiping for vol up / down, etc. Using L950, BT connection, Groove app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon