MS don't count on me buying the band 2

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft,

don't count on me buying Band 2 after my Band 1 broke twice within 12 months (outer clasp connection broke), and your multi-billion dollar company doesn't honor the warranty.

People wear $5 watches for years. Your $200 watch breaks after a few months. You call daily wearing as 'excessive'! I didn't know this watch was supposed to be worn on Sundays only.

(BTW, I am an office worker. There was not even one scratch on the band.)

S.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
David,

thank you for replying. I called MS and sent the band to their service center. :unhappy: The clasp was half-broken. Today I received the band with completely broke off clasp and letter that it had been used 'excessively'.

S.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought the care plan with accidental protection for $20... added a year of warranty. Mine was in rough shape, not necessarily broken completely, but the face was separating, the battery covers had worn off, the face was scratched up... sent it in, they sent me a brand new one without any problems in few days.

I'm purchasing the armorsuit stuff for it this time and it should hopefully last me till Band 3.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I understand but my band broke from regular wear. There was no accident or anything violent. Band 1 should be recalled and replaced with Band 2 FOR FREE. Band 1 was/is a complete lemon from the material/construction point of view. This watch disintegrates (literally) after 3-12 months of daily wearing: peeling rubber/paint, corroded contacts, broken off clasp...

S.

I bought the care plan with accidental protection for $20... added a year of warranty. Mine was in rough shape, not necessarily broken completely, but the face was separating, the battery covers had worn off, the face was scratched up... sent it in, they sent me a brand new one without any problems in few days.

I'm purchasing the armorsuit stuff for it this time and it should hopefully last me till Band 3.

lumia810

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. My band disintegrated as well, in a few months. It was really sad. This watch had a lot of potential, but in the end your goal if you owned one of these Bands was to see if you could get it to last at least a year. The heart rate monitor was a joke. Could not keep up with my workouts. It was all over the place. The app to keep track of your workouts was another joke. Finally I just used this watch to time my workouts. I paid 200 dollars for The Band that was worth maybe 60 dollars. So those of you who are considering buying Band 2.
All I can say is DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! You have been warned.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I hear you. My experience was almost identical with my Band 1, though for me it wasn't the clasp, it just plain quit working. From what I've read in the forums, it is a mistake to send in your Band to MS for service. It seems like the routine answer in that case is to deny replacement due to "excessive use". Whereas those who are fortunate enough to live close enough to bring their Band to a MS store, have no problem getting replacements. It quite frankly ticks me off no end. I'm not happy with the HR sensor in my Band 2, but due to my previous bad experience with customer service, I'm not thrilled with the idea of trying again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro