Band for $200

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Amazon is selling the Band 2 for $199.99.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Band 2 - Medium: MP3 Players & Accessories

Is Best Buy having an in-store special? The online price is still showing $249.99.

Microsoft Band 2 Medium Black MU5-00002 - Best Buy

The Microsoft Store price is also $249.99.

Buy Microsoft Band: New Fitness Band - Microsoft Store

If the list price for the Band 2 had been $200 at launch, it might have been looked on more favorably by the reviewers (cost-benefit right?) and it would have put pressure on the Fitbit Surge from the start.

It'll be interesting to see if the Band 2 can move up Amazon's sales rankings for GPS running units. The medium Band 2 is in fourth place at the time this comment was posted behind two Fitbit Surge models (large priced at $244.20 and small at $199.89) and the Garmin Forerunner 225 ($241.99). The prices for all four are from Amazon and not third party sellers on Amazon.

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Running GPS Units

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I had really planned to buy one but with all the problems these things have, I'm holding off hoping they get some of them fixed.

DKatman

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for starting this thread. I called Best Buy tonight and got a $54 credit back from my order. Remember, there are extended return times because of the holidays as well.

Babs, I am not sure what problems you are talking about.

Personally, I really, really like my Band 2. It is exactly what I was looking for and hoping for. Before getting it, I had planned to give Windows phone a try. I do love my Surface Pro 3. I didn't believe Sprint was going to give it a try. My HTC One M8 (android) was giving me issues. I went to the dark side again.

It might be nice to give some replies with my Band. It might be nice to have Cortana. But still, I am very happy with the interaction I have between my Band 2 and the iPhone.

I like this device a lot. I don't know what problems you are referring to. It is a really nice device at a very decent price. It is well worth the now $200. I would recommend it at the $250. I am thinking of getting another one or two at this price. Just not sure it is for everyone.

Dave

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Battery charging problems, inaccurate step counts, etc. Read here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/band/forum?tab=Threads

A lot of these bands are dying. I wonder how many thousands have been returned?

An example of what's being said in the Microsoft Band support site:
"I have seen similar threads and I may be beating a dead horse, but I'd like to see how many people are having this issue, so chime in please and lets see if we can get a hardware tech to jump in.
I AM ON MY 4TH MICROSOFT BAND 2!
I have had 3 exchanges now for the same issue. The band randomly shuts down when it is at full or near full power. I cannot get it to power up again unless its plugged into a charger. Then I get the same "You ran out of power" message other folks are getting. The people at the store just smile and hand me a brand new band, but never say they are seeing a problem like this. I suspect I'm just getting no
information."

And:
"Microsoft does not seem to be willing to even acknowledge this problem, let alone fix it. The deeper problem is that it appears that the device and updates were not tested (here's a link to the latest barrage of bugs from the update: http://winsupersite.com/microsoft-band/bug-report-microsoft-band-v2).
It's disappointing that the company is treating this more like a public beta than a finished product, but such is life I suppose.
It also seems the only way to get any traction whatsoever is to call the company out publicly: Product reviews, review comment sections, and social media. Very few on here seem willing to do any or all of that, meanwhile development team members and Microsoft employees have been caught posting positive reviews. Nothing will change if people here do not turn up the volume."

I'm waiting awhile.......

kds

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the Band 2 on Black Friday from Amazon. I don't think they'll approve it, but I e-mailed them to see if I can get a price adjustment to match the $200 deal they had yesterday. It's worth trying, I suppose.

kds

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
It looks like Amazon would honor price adjustments, but they said they couldn't find $200 in the price history, at least for the small size. The rep said if I could send him a screenshot, he would honor it. Oh well. I'll have to keep an eye on the price, but I don't know what their time limit on price adjustment is.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
That was a one day discount on Amazon? The Band 2 medium did move up to #3 on Amazon's GPS running units bestseller list. The now one year old Fitbit Surge still at #1 and #2.

@DKatMan, as someone mentioned check out the Microsoft Community Band 2 forums.

You won't find as much feedback about problems with the Band 2 on WC since many here are Microsoft fans and enthusiasts. Many if not most of the Band 2 buyers now are casual fitness oriented (think Fitbit) and not enthusiasts who ordered it the first day when it was announced. Casuals tend to have less patience and be less forgiving. If they can't figure out something or if something goes wrong, you can bet they will be asking or complaining their $250 worth.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting post about 'all the problems these are having.' So far, mine has worked flawlessly. The BT syncing was a little bumpy, but once that was solved, the features of the band are just as expected. I haven't seen a lot of complaining here on WC, just issues followed by suggested on working through them. Any tech toy will have a similar community response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans