Categorizing exercises with new update

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
This is the description for categorizing the exercises in the latest update from the Microsoft blog entry that also announced the music controls and the activity reminder:

Now, it’s easier to track your duration, calorie burn, and heart rate for your favorite exercises when you use the Exercise Tile. Select popular options, like yoga or weightlifting, or name your own. When you review your exercise sessions in the Microsoft Health app or Web Dashboard, your summaries and observations will be grouped by exercise type for better insights into your performance.

I was able to add the custom exercise labels from the Microsoft Health app. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to recategorize a workout after the workout is uploaded to the dashboard. I'm also not seeing the workouts grouped by type when viewing the summaries and observations from the dashboard. Has anyone figured this out, or have they not fully implemented the change in the dashboard yet?

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I was also disappointed with it. As you may recall, previously the user could "Name" the activity at the end of the session. With the update, we now can "select" a name (out of 5 pre named activities). To me that is not much of an upgrade..
What I would like to see a genuine categorization of activities, possibly with colour coding too and a facility to make comments/notes at the end of the session.
So I can keep a record of the number of days that I did, biceps, Legs, Chest etc.
I just have a feeling that MS band team has little or no idea about what does gym activities mean to different people.
I personally think that the Band should be an activity assistance/motivator/fitness companion rather than just a recipient of data..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was also disappointed with it. As you may recall, previously the user could "Name" the activity at the end of the session. With the update, we now can "select" a name (out of 5 pre named activities). To me that is not much of an upgrade..
What I would like to see a genuine categorization of activities, possibly with colour coding too and a facility to make comments/notes at the end of the session.
So I can keep a record of the number of days that I did, biceps, Legs, Chest etc.
I just have a feeling that MS band team has little or no idea about what does gym activities mean to different people.
I personally think that the Band should be an activity assistance/motivator/fitness companion rather than just a recipient of data..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

In addition to the five presets, you can also have up to five custom labels as well.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
As you may recall, previously the user could "Name" the activity at the end of the session. With the update, we now can "select" a name (out of 5 pre named activities).

The option to rename them in the Health app or in the dashboard hasn't changed, but the newly added exercise type to pick seems to only be selectable before starting the workout session.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99