Microsoft Band 2 Cracked Screen

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So I had my Microsoft Band 2 for about a month now. Have been wearing it screen down as it was much more natural way to wear it for me, plus the same was recommended by the Microsoft Sale Guys. In any case, couple of days ago I looked at my band and noticed a cracked screen in one of the corners. Mind this, it was never dropped not do I remember ever hitting it hard on anything. None the less, something must of happened.

Here is a quick pic that I took of the bend. As you can see there is no damage or scratches on the aluminum portion of the band at all. Very upsetting.

DSC_0015.JPG

Found another thread of bunch of people apparently having the same issue:

Microsoft Band 2, Cracked Screen - Microsoft Community

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That is surprising. I thought Band 2 had a tougher screen. Sorry to see that happen. It sounds like you bought it at the MS Store? If so, it's worth a shot to talk to them about it. If they do end up helping you, I suggest the warranty as it will cover this.

On a side note, check with your credit card provider to see if there is any coverage for damage. Good luck!

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advise. I will check with my credit card provider. I initially bought my first band (size Large) in MS store but then later returned it because it was jut a tad too loose. They didn't have the Medium in stock so I bought it at the local Best Buy store. I already tried reaching out to MS support and sent them pictures after which they issued a warranty return and I sent it out. They just sent me an email that they have "manually shipping" the item back. The official statement/interpretation regarding this from the support rep was "severe physical damage" stated int he notes, which is clearly a BS as you can see from the picture. So the rep told me to take another picture after I get the item back and email it to them for review. Not sure If I will get anywhere with MS support unfortunately.

haydenjr

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Sorry about that bro.
This has convinced me that I should purchase MS Complete for my Band, I do alot of weight training and I'm sure my band will bump into the iron weights at some point.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Broke glass band mountain biking. I normally wear it screen out, but reversed it when doing a long ride to get more accurate UV reading. I fell off to the side and put my arm down on a rock to stop my fall. Not a scratch on my hand or arm but noticed this when I got home. I do have Microsoft Complete, but since it still functions didn't' know if I could return it now because it still functions. I could say I don't want to get cut by the glass using touch screen which is kind of true, in particular at the corner. But if Microsoft Complete only offers one time replacement, (vs. multiple) should I hold off until the rain gets it, and it doesn't function.
File_000.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro