MyFitnessPal doesnt sync all data to MSoft Health, how can I get this to work?

RoySwift

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
MyFitnessPal doesnt sync all data to MSoft Health

I have connected the MSoft Health app to my MyFitnessPal account and I do get my number of steps from my band sent to MyFitnessPal ALTHOUGH there are no calories associated with it on MFP (MyfitnessPal)

ALSO if I do a workout and enter it on MFP it does NOT get sent to MSoft Health.

AND if I do a workout on my Band 2 (which is then sent to MSoft Health) - this calorie count NEVER gets to MFP.

Can someone tell me what information is meant to be exchanged..

RoySwift

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: MyFitnessPal doesnt sync all data to MSoft Health

I have connected the MSoft Health app to my MyFitnessPal account and I do get my number of steps from my band sent to MyFitnessPal ALTHOUGH there are no calories associated with it on MFP (MyfitnessPal)

ALSO if I do a workout and enter it on MFP it does NOT get sent to MSoft Health.

AND if I do a workout on my Band 2 (which is then sent to MSoft Health) - this calorie count NEVER gets to MFP.

BUMP BUMP UP THE LIST - Microsoft staff - any one reading this ??

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

I do believe no MS staff members are here to help. Have you tried Microsoft communties? I do know MS help monitors those forums (although, they normally fail when trying to help).

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

I do believe no MS staff members are here to help. Have you tried Microsoft communties? I do know MS help monitors those forums (although, they normally fail when trying to help).

We're here. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do during the holidays. On Monday I'll reach out to the people in charge of our MFP connection and see what is up. (I also heavily use the MS Health and MFP integration, this is causing me a bit of distress as well! ;) )

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Hi Roy,

Workouts entered in MFP do not go to Microsoft Health, our connection is only from MS Health into MFP.

It does indeed look like calories feeding into MFP is not working at the moment. I'll send a report off to our cloud team to have them investigate. Apologizes for the inconvenience.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

BUMP BUMP UP THE LIST - Microsoft staff - any one reading this ??

Alright, after bugging people, if you disconnect and reconnect the two accounts together the flow of data should resume. If it ever happens again, repeat. MFP and Microsoft Health are working together to get a long term solution implemented. (I don't know what the actual problem is, I just bugged people in the office today :) )

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
We're here. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do during the holidays. On Monday I'll reach out to the people in charge of our MFP connection and see what is up. (I also heavily use the MS Health and MFP integration, this is causing me a bit of distress as well! ;) )

Why not just bring back MS Health and Fitness, which already had a huge food database??? Silly having to use a sometimes-working 3rd party app when MS already has the data, in the app they cancelled!

RoySwift

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Devbent - how do we get this logged as a bug. The integration isn't broken completely for me it just doesn't pass across the correct or all of the information. Whats the URL to log an incident and get a case # please ??

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Alright, after bugging people, if you disconnect and reconnect the two accounts together the flow of data should resume. If it ever happens again, repeat. MFP and Microsoft Health are working together to get a long term solution implemented. (I don't know what the actual problem is, I just bugged people in the office today :) )

Ok so disconnecting and reconnecting got the ball rolling but the issue i face is inaccurate data being sync from MSoft Health to myfitnesspal.

I did a 30min workout and burnt 333cal according to my band and MSoft health app but within myfitnesspal app it has recorded my exercise to be cardio for 1 min burning 174cal. Then i checked it later one the cal had changed to 184 and niw its at 167.... Total random, i have no idea what or where these figures are being sync from :s

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't notice the issue with calories specifically, but I did notice when I check My Fitness Pal in early January that my last workout that had synced from MS Health into MFP was from early December. I had to disconnect and reconnect MFP to MS Health before my workout stats were syncing again. I don't know if this is related to the other MFP issues mentioned in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire