Anyone lose weight BECAUSE of the Band?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I workout fairly regular and really don't need to lose weight, but, just curious. . . Anyone claiming they lost weight because of getting a Band (or other fitness band for that matter)

SunMan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think you may need to browse fit bit forums to see something like that since they have apparently been out longer. There are also more of them. I am very very excited about my BAND 2 and only got it about 3 weeks ago. I do need to lose about 60lbs so maybe you can check in with me in a few months. lol I hope it helps me. I love that it records the data and I try to beat it each time.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
90% of losing weight is diet. Your question should be has anyone become more fit / improved their time / upped their weights!

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My general feeling....MS Band 2 is very much behind when it comes to social integration, not been able to openly share our work outs with other users is rather frustrating. If we get this feature that will have real positive impact on band users fitness activities.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually gained 20 lbs. thanks to the band's texting and starbucks app, all I do all day is text and order starbucks.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This is cool, given the litigation culture in the US, I am sure you are in for few Dollars.

g2red89

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I have! Not with the band 2 but with the original band and conitnuing on to the band 2. I've been working out for years, but it wasn't until I got the first MS band that I was able to get a semi accurate idea of how many calories a day I'm burning, and how many calories per workout. And also with other fitness apps that keep track of what I'm eating then yes I can say I have lost weight. Went from about 184 at the beginning of this year to 162.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
This Christmas marked an anniversary for me wearing MS Band. Started with B1 and changed to B2 couple of months ago.

It tracks lot of things and provides feedback but does it really help you lose weight? - it depends on the individual more than what anyone can say about a device.

One of the nice added sw is notification to move every period you specify. This has been great for me as I tend to spend too much time front of computer during the day. No it does not help lose weight, but its good to clear my head and comeback.

The best thing I found for losing weight is not fitness tracker but body analyzer scale that gave me more info than just weight (e.g., lean mass, muscle mass, fat %, bone density) so that I can better track that info day-to-day. I think the scale has done more to influence my diet than Band. I've lost 10 lbs since the scale - about 4 months.

I do keep track of workouts (5~6 time/week) and analytics are getting better on MS side too.

ymmv....

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far and say that I lost my weight due to the Band. It helped me to achieve my weight loss in giving me more and better insight on what is going on with my body and how I'm doing.

A good colleague of mine hooked me up in his gym to try it out and so we started to workout in January 2015. In April, my Band arrived and I was able to better understand what is going on when doing my exercises. For example: I could clearly see the huge gain that a longer cardio workout gave me in terms of burned calories and the better stamina that I gained over time in terms of heartrate to speed ratio.

It helped me a ton to properly see and visualize how many calories I burned during a workout-day and a couch-potato day and I could easily adjust my meals accordingly. From January 2015 to August, I lost 20kg due to my changed habits. I didn't to special diets or any fancy stuff. I just watched on what I eat, or better - how MUCH I eat. Chocolate and chips - here and there one serving instead of the whole unit. Stuff like that.

So yes, the Band helped me with that. Was it the only reason why I lost my weight and gained a great amount of fitness? No.
Since I got my Band v2, I take the stairs to work more often. It feels good to see the number "10" pop up on the floors I've taken after arriving at work. Yes I have fun to show it to my colleague who got me into workout stuff. Just because I can show him what I did. It helps me to get up from my desk and grab a cup of coffee when I haven't moved for 60 minutes. Not many steps but it helps. On top of that it's pure fun to check the distance of places where we go to have lunch. Especially when we decided to go there by car in the past time and now it's no more challenge for me to go there by foot.

The band helped me a ton to properly get insights to what is going on with my body and my fitness.

Because a picture is worth more than a thousand words:
April Workout - 2.22km | 30min
April_Workout.png

December Workout - 4.63km | 30min
December_Workout.png

Kind regards,

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you, I am more conscious about my fitness activities now than when I didn't have a fitness tracker. And trying to do more each of.
See the two side by side pictures

Attachments

• 2015-12-18 06.44.08.jpg
    2015-12-18 06.44.08.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 45

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
My general feeling....MS Band 2 is very much behind when it comes to social integration, not been able to openly share our work outs with other users is rather frustrating. If we get this feature that will have real positive impact on band users fitness activities.

You can share workouts; open the Health app, click on the tile with the exercise you want to share. When the Summary appears, scroll down half way and hit the Share button. Works for any work out (Run, exercise, guided exercise).

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I would attribute at least "some" of my weight loss to the Band 1 and Band 2. A year and a half ago, my coworkers convinced me to run a Tough Mudder with them. After I told my wife I'd be running it, she pulled up what it was on YouTube. She had me come look at the 20 obstacles and the 10 mile course. Oh, crap, I better start learning to run.

I was a typical male gym rat always pumping iron, mainly upper body. I loved to sprint, but hated anything with distance.

I read how to train for distance. The Band was a key part of my training. I learned I was starting off way too fast and getting my heart rate up to 170 and wondering why I could barely run 1/2 mile. I learned a proper long distance pace by ensuring my heart rate didn't go past 157 for long.

With the longer distances, the pounds started coming off. I shed nearly 30lbs off my 230lb body. I didn't know I had that much weight to lose. I'm now consistently 206ish. The Withings scale says I'm about 13% body fat. Looking at body fat visualizers, that's about right. When I ran the Tough Mudder I was about 10%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo