I have an iPhone 6+ and a Microsoft band. I paired them successfully but want Cortana as well. I downloaded the Cortana app from itunes and it works on the phone. How can I make it work on the band?
    12-28-2015 07:21 PM
    Unfortunately, Cortana will not get access to the API set (Application Program Interface) that Siri occupies on iOS. On Windows Phone Cortana has that level of control, but on iOS or Android it would be reserved for their in-house assistant (Siri/OK Google).

When Band wants to exercise voice command it has to use the default Assistant.
    Unfortunately, Cortana will not get access to the API set (Application Program Interface) that Siri occupies on iOS. On Windows Phone Cortana has that level of control, but on iOS or Android it would be reserved for their in-house assistant (Siri/OK Google).

When Band wants to exercise voice command it has to use the default Assistant.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 12-28-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added detail
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-28-2015 08:28 PM
    Does that mean Microsoft could add Siri support until such time that Cortona can be supported?
    12-31-2015 11:15 AM
    I think it is more a Phone Side issue. Otherwise Microsoft would have to issue an iSpecific model. Right now one device serves across platforms.
    12-31-2015 03:37 PM
    I think it is more a Phone Side issue. Otherwise Microsoft would have to issue an iSpecific model. Right now one device serves across platforms.
    No offense to the OP but, I hope this does not change...With all the exclusive stuff we had on Windows Phone that went to iOS and Android, I hope Microsoft leaves one thing...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-01-2016 11:12 AM
    Personally, I'm disgusted by the way manufacturers cater to Apple and make different things conform to Apple which gleefully ignores the standards and go out of their way to make their ecosystem "special."

It wastes resources to have to manufacture for Apple and then again for the rest of the world. Completely needless, IMHO.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    01-01-2016 11:36 AM
    You'll probably have Cortana working with your band on the iPhone before I will on W10M.
    erichyde43 likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:07 PM