Can I make Cortana work on my Microsoft Band that is paired with an iPhone 6?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an iPhone 6+ and a Microsoft band. I paired them successfully but want Cortana as well. I downloaded the Cortana app from itunes and it works on the phone. How can I make it work on the band?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, Cortana will not get access to the API set (Application Program Interface) that Siri occupies on iOS. On Windows Phone Cortana has that level of control, but on iOS or Android it would be reserved for their in-house assistant (Siri/OK Google).

When Band wants to exercise voice command it has to use the default Assistant.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it is more a Phone Side issue. Otherwise Microsoft would have to issue an iSpecific model. Right now one device serves across platforms.

No offense to the OP but, I hope this does not change...With all the exclusive stuff we had on Windows Phone that went to iOS and Android, I hope Microsoft leaves one thing...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm disgusted by the way manufacturers cater to Apple and make different things conform to Apple which gleefully ignores the standards and go out of their way to make their ecosystem "special."

It wastes resources to have to manufacture for Apple and then again for the rest of the world. Completely needless, IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb