since the band was bought in store with complete care, they "have to" replace it in store. Basically I was told they could give me a credit of the last amount they sold them for, $80 against a new Band 2. Do you think its worth it for the $120, or should I just get a replacement band 1 by mail?
    12-29-2015 12:44 PM
    since the band was bought in store with complete care, they "have to" replace it in store. Basically I was told they could give me a credit of the last amount they sold them for, $80 against a new Band 2. Do you think its worth it for the $120, or should I just get a replacement band 1 by mail?
    Up to you. My store hasn't shown an interesting in "have to" replace in store. I'm guessing we could see a Band 3 on the second anniversary of the first sale. I'd think $120 would be worth it for not missing those days and a carry over until the next model.

Some people are suggesting that the Band 2 isn't as good in some areas, but I don't know as they're in the majority or the outliers.
    12-29-2015 02:25 PM
    So I'm feeling pretty happy with Microsoft. I bought the original Band October 2014 at a physical Microsoft store. I bought the band for $200 and the protection plan for $20. Today I walked into the same store with broken band (circuit coming out of band were worn away affecting GPS). The game me credit back of original purchase towards new one, and since the new one is $50 off it didn't cause me anything. I was able to buy the protection plan for the Band2.
    12-31-2015 12:35 AM
    I have both Bands. Love both of them.

In many ways, Band 2 is worth it. There are a couple scenarios where Band 1 was better for me: 1) the battery definitely lasts 2 days with Band 1 (Band 2, I'm getting 1.5 days, if that) and 2) the curved highly reflective screen of Band 2 is harder to read outdoors (this is in watch mode which is my default mode) than the flat smaller surface of Band 1.

I find Band 2 syncs better and more consistently. It's a little faster as well (noticeable in the UI) and gets notifications better. It's more comfortable by a little bit but Band 1 never really bothered me. Band 2 is a lot more stylish and has gotten comments from people what it is and who it's from. People would see the Band 1 and think it was a Fitbit but no one really asked about it.

Note that the Microsoft Health app cannot handle both Bands. This was really disappointing to me. I was hoping to wear Band 2 most of the time and then substitute in Band 1 when Band 2 was out of juice. I remember when I only had Band 1 and forgot to charge it so I would leave it at home when I woke up and the Band 1 was dead. With a 2 Band setup, I would never be without a Band but the app won't allow you to have 2 Bands. So right now Band 1 sits in a drawer.
    01-04-2016 02:44 AM
    I bought the original Band at a physical Microsoft store for $200 and the protection plan for $20. Today I walked into the same store with broken band. They gave me credit back of original purchase towards new one, and since the new one is $50 off it didn't cost anything.
    I had the same experience about two weeks ago with my. Walked into MS store and asked about repair/replacement under my warranty. I told them it had a broken Action button but they never even looked at it. They said they don't do repairs and didn't have any more Band 1's. They asked when I bought it (last Christmas) and what my email address was. Then the guy told another associate to go grab a new one and swap it out. The whole thing took about five minutes and I walked out with Band 2. I did pay $30 or whatever for a new protection plan.

I can say I like Band 2 100% more just because of the comfort. Looks much better too. Haven't noticed any real performance difference.
    01-04-2016 10:47 PM
    Apparently my store is filled with jackasses or my wife was mean with them, because they took it in to have a new band 1 shipped to me instead :( Ah well.
    01-05-2016 08:20 AM
    I did purposely plan my visit to be a few days before Christmas when they were kind of busy. I figured they'd be out of Band 1 and stocked up on Band 2. And maybe in a giving mood :). A straight swap was my hope but not my expectation, so I came out very happy.
    01-05-2016 08:45 AM
    My v1 is going back. Quality of materials is, yep, on the battery cover etc, poor to awful. Less than three months old and has shed rubber quicker than a burn out!

Rang MSFT as where I bought it has no stock in UK. They were good about it and a UPS label arrived in email. It's going to Germany, for reasons I am unsure of. I guess that is a stock holding facility. I haven't got a clue how long it will take, but I miss it already. Had to go back to my Fitbit flex for now. Fitbit app definitely better than health, but device very limited. I have a 930 so notifications on Band are a godsend with no glance screen.
    01-08-2016 02:53 AM
    I opened a case with Amazon.co.uk (where I bought it) for my Band 1 regarding the bubbling of the charging port and rest of build quality this week. They give me a refund so I just ordered the Band 2 for the money (plus the 30 Pound difference) from them.
    01-08-2016 04:49 AM
    My band 1 is going back with the battery cover and charging port bubbling and the battery cover coming away from the body. Second time it has gone back with this fault.
    Annoying thing is, Band technical support want to replace the screen protector free of charge and asked me to contact the store to arrange it, but the store isn't having any of it. I'm going to have to order a THIRD screen protector. All in the band 1 has now cost me 200. Very disappointed, especially since they have had my phone in for repair since November....
    01-26-2016 05:29 AM