Replying to texts and music controls don't work wnen connected to bluetooth headphones.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I workout I use Bluetooth earbuds. Jaybird Bluebuds. When I try to reply to text, it just shows the keyboard with the overlay of connecting and the screen times out. Same thing when I pull up music controls. Nothing happens when I press the next button or swipe to increase volume.

Is this just not possible to work simultaneously?

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I workout I use Bluetooth earbuds. Jaybird Bluebuds. When I try to reply to text, it just shows the keyboard with the overlay of connecting and the screen times out. Same thing when I pull up music controls. Nothing happens when I press the next button or swipe to increase volume.

Is this just not possible to work simultaneously?

Hi Eminent1,

This is a new one, when I get back to work on Monday I'll borrow a set of BT Headphones with music controls on them and test it out. In theory this should work, but I have suspicions as to why it doesn't!

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This probably has to do with bt headphones taking control of music controls and calls, so band can't control the phone functions as the same time.

Pretty sucky if this is the case. Makes the music controls, Cortana, texts useless when using bt headphones.

If so, any way to make it work in a future update?

Last edited:

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried responding to texts, but my Band wont control the music with BT headphones either. It just says connecting and then eventually times out.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Nope. When on Bluetooth earbuds, my Band 2 won't control Groove Music playing on my Lumia 1520.3 running 10586.36. Got to be a bug....

Last edited:

pink_n_fluffy

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
We got the music controls to work by fluke really but only worked on Windows 10 not 8 and I've not tried texting but I'm sure it should work in theory. If I connect my band music control first before I connect my BT headphones I can then use the band to control my music. If I connect my BT headphones first then I can't connect my band it just says connecting. Hope that is of some help ��

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
double tap your music control before you connect another Bluetooth -- a Bluetooth speaker for that matter, or earphones.

It sorta makes it ssay that "i am on top and in control of this phone, not you"

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
This may be a limitation of BT.
When using my android phone and android wear watch I can use Bluetooth headphones and the watch both for controls. Not sure why Microsoft programed there's the opposite but I wish they'd fix it. It's a windows problem that can be fixed. Just wish they'd take care of it.

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same issue when connected to Sony Bluetooth headphones or a Mazda 6 car Bluetooth setup and my 950xl.

I'll double tap the button on the MS Band 2 and connecting will flash rapidly but never connect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon