Band 2 Keyboard Connecting and Cortana not connecting

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Its in one of the Insider Blogs from a release or two ago. He is correct. They said that it is still broken. And as proof, mine is still being flaky.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything to make the keyboard and Cortana work....rolled forward through fast insider, rolled back to 10586, hard reset band and Lumia 950 a load of times, tried using it on a different windows 10 phone, etc, etc. There's nothing I haven't tried. Bottom line is....its well and truly broken until Microsoft fix it, which going by their track record could mean never

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Its in one of the Insider Blogs from a release or two ago. He is correct. They said that it is still broken. And as proof, mine is still being flaky.

Build 10586.71 blog implies it can work -

Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.

But is there anyone getting band 2 and cortana working with w10m?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been *better* on newest W10M build and latest Health updates but still flaky at best

Agreed, it's slightly better on 10586.218 but still not 100% fixed. I actually managed to type a couple of texts and even got Cortana to tell me the weather for tomorrow before it dropped out again.

It's not much, but it's progress...

tool6996

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
So I don't know if its the fact I just got my replacement Band 2 (was ripping, replacement under 2 weeks, no questions asked) or the new Health update but the Cortana option to reply to text is gone. Only have keyboard and canned responses. Anyone else have this issue or is there a new setting I'm missing?

tool6996

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
So I don't know if its the fact I just got my replacement Band 2 (was ripping, replacement under 2 weeks, no questions asked) or the new Health update but the Cortana option to reply to text is gone. Only have keyboard and canned responses. Anyone else have this issue or is there a new setting I'm missing?

Nevermind, since I didn't do the keyboard "tutorial" Cortana was not showing, after I did its showing up. Both are working Band 2 with latest Release Ring build. Hopefully my stupidity helps someone else out

nyrnd

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
My band is now fixed. I had 2 issues: Cortana was grayed out and i couldn't turn it on which caused the "connect Bluetooth.............." message. Also, for some reason my mail would not work on my band either but that is secondary. I am on the fast ring with my Lumia 950 so i know that i am always in the state of flux but that's ok also. OK, what fixed my issue? I simply uninstalled the Microsoft Health app and reinstalled it. Yes, now everything works fine (until the next time).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos