and just like that my band is dead (not charging)

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After about 1 month of use, not even taking it to run or stuff like that, my band is not charging anymore, seriously, after only one month, I've been trying to be very understanding with MS, my fist band was peeling off and looking awful after 6 months of very good care and now this, I am on the verge of giving up the whole windows 10 thing and switch and I was even one of those that urged other to get these products

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I contact Microsoft support and they will send you shipping stuff to return the band 2 so they can fix it. Same thing happened to me. Go in the Microsoft support website

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Sadly I am abroad, so I will basically throw it into the garbage, it's behavior is weird, It will charge up to 100%, and work fine until I try to clasp it, then it shutdown and will only wake up until I connect it, and it will still say that it has a 100%, weird but it still render it useless, I just got a p8 to my wife, I will be better with one of those and a extensive selection of watches that won't break after a couple months, I am very dissapointed

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
This is a widely reported problem. The only solution today is to get the Band replaced. My first band failed after a few weeks. My second B2 has been OK so far.
Microsoft is aware of the problem and is said to be working on it.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me. If it is widespread and MS knows about it then they should be more accommodating on the returns. They should ship out a new band immediately. I bought the devise to track my activity. Not having it for 2-3weeks will really put a dent in the whole measuring over time thing! So what assurances are there that thins wont happen again and how does this count towards the warranty? I'm sure people will say - there are no assurances - but when you pay $250 for a watch - I expect that watch to work, otherwise - don't get in the business!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
+1

Mine died today. Wont charge OR it will say 100% then when the charger is removed it goes dead. 3 months. Ugh.

Sending it back.. but that doesn't give me much confidence. My band one died after 5 months and support sent it back as is .. saying it had been "wet" . It had never been exposed to water.. only sweat during my workouts. Not real pleased with MS at the moment.

onysi1

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
holy **** my band didn't charge today. I tried it on different plugs and eventually worked. I was worried I thought the charger wire was dead.

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After some tests I can tell for sure that the issue is because of the magnet at the clasp, so, this is yet another failed product from ms, I am fed up, first a surface rt that is almost useless, several windows phones since 6.0, all with weird issues and tons of troubleshooting, first band returned after a few months due to lack of quality, missing apps, fb app is crap, and the list goes on, MS seriously, aren't you able to do better?

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the same charging issue with my Band 2. One day it just rapidly discharged. It would only wake up when I put it on a charger, but would never charge. I would only get a charge icon and a rapidly blinking pixel on the screen.

The Microsoft Store replaced it, no questions asked.

I'm rocking my second Band 2 and loving it again.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to mine yesterday! Odd timing with all the sudden failures to charge in a three day period. Luckily, I'm close to the MSFT Store, so I can just have them replace it I guess.

MichaelLopez

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The nearest Microsoft Store said they couldn't replace it for me and I had to ship it to the repair center and in 8-10 business days I should receive a replacement

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. My Band 2 had been perfect since launch day. Suddenly last week charging got all wonky and the Band started shutting down randomly. I took a quick trip to my local MS store for a no hassle replacement but it still concerns me.

Bids3105

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
For the same issue, i have sent my Band 2 TWICE to be exchanged, in two months using it... I asked Microsoft to be reimbursed but they refused... This is unacceptable. How can they get away with this.... They should do a major call back and offer their customer to be reimbursed if they wish so...

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Found this in another forum:

I don't want to say but, it is the truth that the clasp design is the reason causing this issue.
I'm a system testing engineer and here is my testing result:
The best way to check the Band2 function is: Will it vibrate when you connect the charger.
If yes, it is still a good one, if no, replace it.
The Band2 belt has 2 endpoints, endpoint one connect to the charger. endpoint two I suppose it is where the battery stays.
The problem of this design is: it is different from Band1. The battery side is too heave and tough, but the belt is not iron, it can be stretched little by little.
After you wear the Band2 for some time, if too tight. The circuit in the belt connect the battery endpoint become loose or broken.
That is why the Band2 seems dead with no charger connected. Because the battery is lost.
That is why you connect the charger it is back, because the circuit from charger to the Band2 body is still good.
That is why you remove the charger it is dead again.
Why sometimes it is good but when you wear it, it is dead again? Because the way you wear the band2, the wire connection is broken.
Final way to check if my testing result is right or not?
Please twist the belt, especial the big, heavy end of the belt.
It you twist the belt to certain angle, and it vibrates when you connect the charger and, it shows the battery percentage.
You proved my testing result.
Thanks.......

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce05-46d3-a75a-153535a0b1d7?page=21#LastReply

jonmaki

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the random powering down issue - happened if I tapped it lightly, if I tightened the strap, and, eventually, as soon as I attempted to actually put it on.
I got my replacement a week ago. Today it told me that the battery was low, so I hooked it up to the charger. It wouldn't charge. Tried a different cable. Still wouldn't charge. Hooked it up to my PC and the Sync app didn't see it as being connected (with either cable). Did the two-button shutdown. Pushed the power button, and it vibrated, but the screen didn't turn on. Holding both buttons would cause the syncing arrows to appear for a few seconds, then it would go black.
Just tried the twisting thing and it came back on, but it still won't charge.
I really think Microsoft needs to do a recall at this point.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the battery issue lately after having my Band 2 about 1 month. I did the total reset and it seems to be working fine right now. I'll give it another week and if it happens again, its going back to Best Buy.

marathonians

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've experienced the same issue about battery/charging yesterday :-(

This issue seems very serious and quite common.
It has been reported for months now. I'm surprised there's no article about it on Windows Central.

May I suggest that everyone interested in this issue gives:
- the size (S/M/L)
- the retailer (MS-Store US, MS-Store UK, ...)
- the shipping date of the faulty unit from the retailer
- the date when first symptoms appeared

People reading this thread without experiencing the issue are welcome too. This may help us follow up the problem, if newer models can solve it...
Is there any chance that some units are NOT faulty (after 2 months of use)? Because when reading the forums, it looks like people getting it replaced always get the same problem sooner or later.

Mine:
- Size: L
- Retailer: MS-Store UK
- Shipping date: 12/21/2015
- Symptoms appeared on: 1/18/2016

dwightmonk

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Band2 Medium. I purchased it in November 2015. Within one month the battery/charging problem started.
First it only occurred when tightening the straps, afterwards it occurred randomly.

Yesterday after the shutdown, it did turn on upon connecting, but with 0% charge. I left it to charge, but the next morning it was still at 0%.
I tried a hard reset and noticed that when connected directly to the power outlet, I only got the battery notification of 0% and a small blinking dot on the left side of the screen. When connected to the usb port of my desktop, the band did turn on, but still with 0%.
In both cases the band shut down when the charger cable was disconnected.

Yesterday I send it back to MS and hope I will get a new one without flaws.

marathonians

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
The next question is: are all models suffering from the same problem... especially when reading that multiple exchanges won't resolve it.
If yes, maybe that's better to get a refund while waiting for a complete fix.

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
So, today I decides to give it a try again since I won't be able to return it, I twisted the end where the battery is and push it, hopping that the cable is like one of those flex from screens, and just like that it decided to work, several hours already without issues, it most likely happen again but at least there is some hope

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss