MS Band2 Vs Fitbit and # of Steps

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Just throwing in my two cents:

I have observed friends with the new FitBit Charge HR reaching a step competition goal by swinging their arm back and forth while standing still. I have not observed at any point the Band 2 counting arm swings toward my step count. I don't know, but it seems likely that the Charge HR factors horizontal movement more heavily into step counts than the Band 2 does. This would certainly help explain the discrepancies between step counts.

This could be very well one of the reasons for the difference in counts. There is also a bug that I have found on the Band 2 where there are situations that the Band 2 will not count steps.

xbrtll

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site

alphaswift

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
There's something all of you might be forgetting.

I bought my wife a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas. I have a Band 2. When we walk together, her Fitbit is consistently registering 10-15% more steps. Why? My wife is six inches shorter than me, her shorter but sexy legs step more frequently than mine.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't think it really matters. As long as the count is consistent from day to day. I have a Band 2 and find it to be pretty accurate. But, if it under or over counts, as long as it does so consistently I can see progress in my walking or what every physical activity I do.

Sent from my Surface 3

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just to throw another benchmark into the mix, if you want a very accurate measurement of _distance_ (not steps), use your phone. Of course you will have to be carrying your phone. Microsoft Health and Fitness app used to do it on Windows Phones. Google Fit does this on Android,

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

I bought my wife a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas. I have a Band 2. When we walk together, her Fitbit is consistently registering 10-15% more steps. Why? My wife is six inches shorter than me, her shorter but sexy legs step more frequently than mine.

same with my wife, however, i wore a fitbit charge and my band 2 for around a week. the fitbit registered 20-30% more each day.

its been discussed why in other threads

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I have taken that into account when I make my comments. I have also looked at the actual distance on both devices and the Band 2 does show less distance as well as steps.

Regards

Infinidim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans