Returning my Band2....maybe??

DSR11

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I wanted to start my own thread, as I recently received a Microsoft Band 2 as a gift for XMAS. I have some complaints and....I am already thinking of returning it or exchanging it for a few reasons.

And yes, I am starting off with CONS as there are more of them than PROS for me. For me, myself, which may be different than how you feel, so please be gentle. I am considering returning it for the below reasons.

CONS:
1. Only a handful of apps I found support it. Namely Microsoft Health, Awesome Band Background, Pimp my Band. If there are others please reply?
2. Functionality - I found that for me it doesn't do a whole lot other than track steps, workouts, read and reply SMS, add a few more tiles, and even those are quite limited. SMS read and reply was somewhat annoying and exhaustive. It took almost 3-4 minutes to tap out a response that would have taken me 20 seconds. And no, the basic music controls aren't enough.
3. Battery life. - Only lasts a total of 2 days if I'm using often, and 3-4 max if I just charge it, and then don't put it on. Perfect example is which totally killed the run I was going to do, I charged it on a Friday morning, and disconnected it, but didn't put it on. I hadn't used it once the entire 2 days. I wanted to use it on Sunday, and it was basically dead when I put it on, and died in the middle of the run. I realize that is mostly my fault, but now I have to get into a habit of charging something every couple of days to do the exact same thing my phone already does.
4. Wearing it on the inside of my wrist is not what I want to do, and aesthetically its not very pleasing to look at what is supposed to be the back of it, and then have to flip my wrist around which makes it awkward when I wanted to show people, or had to take it off.
5. Notifications have a pretty good delay, and there is no way to change the interval of them to anything useful. I tried a few different tiles, such as the NFL tile, finance tile, etc.

It just seems very limited to me. I can't read full emails, or news stories. If it buzzes, 90% of the time if it's not a SMS, I have to pull out my phone to see the full deal, like a email, or news story, or go browsing for a music file, because I can't do that with the band.

Any thoughts of any apps I missed or some features that I am forgetting, that would enhance my experience?

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sounds as if you were expecting a phone on your wrist, and didn't do any research before purchasing.
It's not meant to be something you can read news on. Notifications are just that.
I think it's probably not for you, and vote return.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I wanted to start my own thread, as I recently received a Microsoft Band 2 as a gift for XMAS. I have some complaints and....I am already thinking of returning it or exchanging it for a few reasons.

CONS:
1. Only a handful of apps I found support it. Namely Microsoft Health, Awesome Band Background, Pimp my Band. If there are others please reply?

2. Functionality - I found that for me it doesn't do a whole lot other than track steps, workouts, read and reply SMS, add a few more tiles, and even those are quite limited. SMS read and reply was somewhat annoying and exhaustive. It took almost 3-4 minutes to tap out a response that would have taken me 20 seconds. And no, the basic music controls aren't enough.

3. Battery life. - Only lasts a total of 2 days if I'm using often, and 3-4 max if I just charge it, and then don't put it on. Perfect example is which totally killed the run I was going to do, I charged it on a Friday morning, and disconnected it, but didn't put it on. I hadn't used it once the entire 2 days. I wanted to use it on Sunday, and it was basically dead when I put it on, and died in the middle of the run. I realize that is mostly my fault, but now I have to get into a habit of charging something every couple of days to do the exact same thing my phone already does.

4. Wearing it on the inside of my wrist is not what I want to do, and aesthetically its not very pleasing to look at what is supposed to be the back of it, and then have to flip my wrist around which makes it awkward when I wanted to show people, or had to take it off.

5. Notifications have a pretty good delay, and there is no way to change the interval of them to anything useful. I tried a few different tiles, such as the NFL tile, finance tile, etc.

It just seems very limited to me. I can't read full emails, or news stories. If it buzzes, 90% of the time if it's not a SMS, I have to pull out my phone to see the full deal, like a email, or news story, or go browsing for a music file, because I can't do that with the band.

Any thoughts of any apps I missed or some features that I am forgetting, that would enhance my experience?

1) Here is the master apps list http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/358881-master-app-list.html

2) You want a kitchen sink on your wrist perhaps? There is Apple Watch for you, if you'd like, and there is even uglier Fitbit watch coming out too.

3) So charge it every couple of days. I charge mine everyday while showering and getting ready. Never had shortage of charge.

4) Why do you wear it inside? I never have (B1 or B2). Its your device. Wear it on your ankles if that's what you want to do. I wear it on my right, face up, just like a watch. On my left, I wear analogue watch.

5) Its a function of your phone. My iPhone send messages as it comes into my phone.

I'm surprised that you would be able to take it back after wearing it and returning it.

Perhaps nothing will make you happy about Band so don't debate it. Just return it and move on....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon