Battery dying with plenty of battery left?

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Earlier this week my Microsoft Band 2 wouldn't turn on. I was only able to activate it by plugging it it for a moment, and after turning it on It informed me the battery had died. The battery was well over 3/4 charged. The same thing happened today. Anyone else having this issue?

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Earlier this week my Microsoft Band 2 wouldn't turn on. I was only able to activate it by plugging it it for a moment, and after turning it on It informed me the battery had died. The battery was well over 3/4 charged. The same thing happened today. Anyone else having this issue?

There are many, many stories of the battery issue on this forum and others. Microsoft is aware of the problem. Only fix at this point is to return it for replacement. Found this in another forum:

I don't want to say but, it is the truth that the clasp design is the reason causing this issue.
I'm a system testing engineer and here is my testing result:
The best way to check the Band2 function is: Will it vibrate when you connect the charger.
If yes, it is still a good one, if no, replace it.
The Band2 belt has 2 endpoints, endpoint one connect to the charger. endpoint two I suppose it is where the battery stays.
The problem of this design is: it is different from Band1. The battery side is too heave and tough, but the belt is not iron, it can be stretched little by little.
After you wear the Band2 for some time, if too tight. The circuit in the belt connect the battery endpoint become loose or broken.
That is why the Band2 seems dead with no charger connected. Because the battery is lost.
That is why you connect the charger it is back, because the circuit from charger to the Band2 body is still good.
That is why you remove the charger it is dead again.
Why sometimes it is good but when you wear it, it is dead again? Because the way you wear the band2, the wire connection is broken.
Final way to check if my testing result is right or not?
Please twist the belt, especial the big, heavy end of the belt.
It you twist the belt to certain angle, and it vibrates when you connect the charger and, it shows the battery percentage.
You proved my testing result.

You can read more here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...wer-back/1e4500d4-ce05-46d3-a75a-153535a0b1d7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon