Can't reply to text via Band 2

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
sometime since the new year my band 2 wont let me respond to text. I've restart it multiple times and still nothing. It just says connecting for awhile then screen goes black does ANYONE have a solution or reason?

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
what phone are you using?
what version of of OS is on the phone?
have you deleted the bluetooth connection and re "paired" it to your phone?

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
ive deleted microsoft health, reset the band 2, deleted the bluetooth all done multiple times and nothing. lumia 950 10586.29 OS

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Known issue with W10m. Some indication that it's better-ish with 10586.63, but definitely still seeing comments here and there that the issue still pops up sometimes even in the latest build. There have been some reddit responses by ms band programmer devbent (I think this is the name) that they're working on it but it's hard.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
it seems like some people aren't having issues while others are. I'm using a Lumia 930 with the latest build of win 10 .63 and every few hours the keyboard and Cortana stop working and I need to reconnect Bluetooth, re-sync with the health app or restart phone or band. it's really frustrating. i'm going to wait for the 71 update tomorrow and if that doesn't fix things I will be exchanging my band.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Have a 950 on .63 and Cortana won't work and texting keyboard just says connecting. Have reset both devices multiple times with no fix in sight. MS is becoming a joke to me.

tool6996

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
If we are keeping tabs on how many people are having the issue, 950XL .63 same issues. Can't reply to text just get "Make sure BT is on and phone nearby"

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I complained fo TaylorMade and MS Band group on twitter concerning the lack of my course for the band and TaylorMade said that they reached out to the Microsoft people and the MS Band "team is extremely small right now". No wonder everything is so bad.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Known issue with W10m. Some indication that it's better-ish with 10586.63, but definitely still seeing comments here and there that the issue still pops up sometimes even in the latest build. There have been some reddit responses by ms band programmer devbent (I think this is the name) that they're working on it but it's hard.

950xl on WM10 (not on insider so not running .63) and I've always been able to reply to texts.
I get to choose between the keyboard or Cortana.
If you try to tell Cortana too much at once then it wont work. I've found out one good sentence is ok but trying to speak a paragraph is too much. I think this is probably due to a bluetooth bandwidth limitation and not everything you are saying actually makes it to your phone to send. Then then reply command times out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12