Microsoft band 2 and asus ZenFone 2 compatibility issues

Patrickjd7

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys.

I'm new, so go easy. I've owned the Microsoft band for ages and love it. It used to work fine with my old Xperia m2. This new ZenFone is awesome, but there's a serious bug that is pretty game breaking.

When my phone receives texts, or any notification in fact, it works fine and displays on my band. However the moment I open the band's keyboard to text someone, the keyboard is stuck on connecting and the band app throws tons of errors at me.

Any idea for planned fixes? These phones are pretty popular in surprised it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• 4011.jpg
    4011.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 8

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm just shooting in the dark here, but could it be something to do with app permissions on your phone? Sounds like your phone isn't allowing the inbound connection from the Band.

Patrickjd7

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys.

Yeah everything is allowed.

Notifications get here, but any texts instantly crash Microsoft health and the Bluetooth direction is temporarily dropped before turning back on. Keyboard never connects.

Loving ZenFone 2 though. Shame.

Patrickjd7

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Something else I've observed. When I use a stock reply via the band's 4 choices, it won't send. Instead, it'll queue within the phone's memory and sends when I write and sends an actual separate text to that person

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Patrickjd7,

It looks like the Zenphone 2 uses its own custom messaging app rather than Google's, which is likely why it is not interacting well with your Band. I've sent your bug off to the Android app team to investigate.

Patrickjd7

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
No luck with Google's messaging app, it has to be to do with Microsoft health itself since it instantly crashes as soon as I get a text

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs