My band 2 is tearing

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Here is what my Band 2 looks like after heavy use. I am in the military so I'm constantly moving around, but I hit my arm accidently on a Pelican Case and it looks like it caused quite a bit of damage. It seems that I hit it in the perfect spot, right where the hard plastic under the rubber ends, and created a sharp point. I will still use it until this falls off, and get a protection plan exchange. So everyone be careful what you hit or bump into!

Attachments

• Band 2.jpg
    Band 2.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 40

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hope when it falls off you are paying attention and not be like crap...last I saw was 8 hours ago..no idea where it fell off LOL

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to mine, except mine was just from wearing it around the house and occasionally bumping into a wall :)
They wanted $200 to send me a new one. Are you kidding me? I just bought this thing in November!

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
It's one of those things where I should of purchased it at the Microsoft Store because of the swap. I purchased mine at Best Buy since it was closer and got the protection plan with it.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I still don't believe they want to charge $200 to send me a new one when it is clearly a design flaw. I ended up not getting the Complete Care. I guess I will from now on.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I don't agree with you pwrof3... I see quite a lot of pictures on this forum (not in this thread) with heavily damaged Bands. Some of them look like a tank just drove over it. Unlike IIDXholic most owners then say something like "look at my band, I only used it sitting at my computer and now it looks like THIS".

My whole point is that the Bands just are tough enough for everyday usage but you just have to take care. If you own a $250 hugo boss watch you won't wear it while helping your friend moving to a new apartment or going lumberjacking. Seeing all those pictures, a lot of people here need to realize that it's just the same with a smartwatch like the microsoft Band. Normal daily usage: yes, gym usage: yes, but taking it to your job at a construction site: no.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This is kind of true, I normally takes my B2 off if I am doing, washing up, gardening etc.

At the same time, B2 is been promoted as an activity tracker. Therefore it is reasonable for one to expect some durability in comparison to an average wristwatch.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Pumpenkoenich

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same issue. The Band is tearing right where the hard plastic under the rubber ends. From my point of view this is a design flaw. I'm a office worker and usually wear the band hidden under my sleeve so wear and tear from daily wear is non existent. However, whenever I do my body weight exercises I have to tighten the band (size m - 3-4 notches left) so that it does not slide up and down my arm when I do e.g. burpees. As far as I can see it this is to tight for the band and there is to much tension on the area where the hard plastic of the display ends.

As I am living in Germany I had to order from Amazon UK and am hoping for a refund right now. I don't want an exchange as I am sure this will happen again after a few weeks.

Now I am looking for an alternative...

Planblover08

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My brother and I are Day 1 purchases and had to replace both of our in less than 3 months of wear. Its the same problem of the band 1, just in a difference flex point. For $250 they better fix this problem. @pwrof3 I'm down of a class action suit.

Zane Keniston

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
what about sleeping with it on? probably not a good idea right since it might cause too much wear and tear...but wait, is there another way to track sleep without wearing the band?
MS support asked if I sweat or did energetic workouts? you know, like the ones in the band advertisements? doing that stuff voids the warranty I was told...strange that they don't include that in the flashy ads for the band2 (or maybe the models are wearing fit-bits!)
I sit behind a desk all day...i'm sedentary...ask Cortana! she keeps telling me (via my band 2) to "get up and move"... so i'm wondering DeNachtwacht...do you work for MS support? Cause your comments sound just like the MS support person I talked to...

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Just over 3 months old...MS support says not covered by warranty...

View attachment 121928

MS just said they are replacing bands with defective straps, did they not?

Additionally you do not need to use microsoft complete or extended insurance in the case of a defect, standard warranty rules applies, (unless your outside your warranty +1 year), microsoft are trying to rip people off, I just swapped mine after the screen developed a crack, MS said no cover (under warranty only had it 2 weeks), i took it back to the store, they replaced it free of charge...

They have to offer to repair or replace in case of defect. If you have had it a few weeks or months and it develops a fault take it back, you have the right to a repair or replacement or ask for a refund if they refuse, failing that small claims court, get a engineers report and take em to court...You have rights.

A laptop company had to pay me back every penny, I only asked for a repair on my laptop, they said no chance on a $2000 laptop, it died 1 week after the warranty expired (yeah that suxs), transpires that the laptop was defective when i bought it, so they had no defense, they settled right before the court hearing.. (even got the engineers report cost back)

Just annoyed that people shell out a lot of money and get treated this way...

Last edited:

G Hub

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
My band 2 is splitting at the same location. Normal wear, nothing crazy beyond walking for fitness. Worn constantly since received in early November.

I have an appointment with the Microsoft Store Feb 10 to argue with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss