Durability of band 2 vs band 1.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My band has started to peel. I'm quite disappointed, because I really like it. I also think it's hilarious how the watch face is all beat up but the screen is utterly scratchless... (No screen protector. Ha!)

There is no Microsoft store in my area, so I'd have to road trip to exchange it. I'm pondering a band 2 as I'm getting my yearly bonus next month, and I like the bigger screen anyway. How is it compared to the band 1? Is it tougher? About the same?

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This is a very subjective opinion, I had band 1 for about 2 or three days, in relation to the actual design of B1 ..may God forgive those who designed B1... However B2 from design point of view.... I would say may God bless them.... B2 at least looks like a wearable. Very comfortable to wear it and it looks cool.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Never had trouble with wearable. The band 1 is pretty clunky, but most people who see me wearing it mistake it for a fitbit.

I'm more worried about how well the new one holds up as you use it. Mine is getting very worn-down looking.

Bibifrine

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Never had trouble with wearable. The band 1 is pretty clunky, but most people who see me wearing it mistake it for a fitbit.

I'm more worried about how well the new one holds up as you use it. Mine is getting very worn-down looking.

I also using the Band 1 since 1 Year now with out any Issue. I I read here, that the Band 2 is showing Peeling Issues, I will stay with Band 1 as long as it works :cool:

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
B2's rubber strap is.. like asking for disaster.
Honest to God I handle my band 2 like a one week old baby.. Despite that much of care and attention.. Less than 3 months I can see the rubber (due to very high friction when rubbing against clothing, like long sleeve jacket, coz it's - 1C in London) already appears like a worn out tire.
I can't even imagine whether they even have team discussions before going to final production.

Who on earth decided to put such high friction rubber thing on this I have no idea..

As a step counter one is expected to wear it at all times.. This rubber thing is like an Eraser.. It is kind of erase itself..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett