Weight Tracking

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I see that MS Health now tracks weight. From what I can tell, it has to be manually entered.

Please, please, please tell me that MS is working on connecting to a Withings weight scale.....

Their app already connects to other programs, so the connectivity is there.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
When I go to Track your weight tile, I get this message.

Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-36-20.jpg

I know there is nothing wrong with the network.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Or they could just take weight updates from loose it or MFP which both ingrate to Withings and Fitbit scales...

I hope you are right. I'm just not sure if MyFitnessPal syncs toward Microsoft Health. It might be only the other direction. If anyone figures it out, please post. In the meantime, I'll fiddle with it.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the thought of having to actually enter my weight is just so ewwy!

What I like about the Band is all the datalogging is automatic. My effort: zero. If I don't like the log that it's keeping, I need to get off my duff and move.

I have developed the habit of weighing myself everyday. I just want the data follow the same idea of automatic logging and "just flow".

Hey, Devbent, if you need someone to help test ..... :cool:

David Perez Perez

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i track my weight wih a fitbit scale and it sincronices automaticall with microsof healthvault. But now, it not sincronize with the app of the band.
:-(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For our Android friends... reprinted from a similar thread in the Band 1 forum.

It's working for me on Windows Phone since I added it yesterday with an App update.

I much prefer Health Vault which allows me to add more data: weight, blood glucose, blood pressure + BP and cholesterol. Seems that App isn't on Play though.

Patience? Must be a bug. See if you can report it. Maybe recheck the App's permissions. I assume it asked at one time about data collection, maybe it wants a renewal on that?

Please, please, please tell me that MS is working on connecting to a Withings weight scale.....

Health Vault does this.

For what it is worth, you can get Health Vault on your PC.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I want my health data in one place. I have health vault set up, but rarely open it. MS needs to take everything that the vault can do, which MS Health can't do, and port those features over to MS Health. Then kill the health vault.

danckel

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
How did you get the withings scale to sync with MS Health Vault? I really would like to set this up, but even withings customer service told me they had no plan in supporting this:

Hello,

Thank you for your question about importing your data into Health Vault from Withings. At this time, there seems to be an issue with the way Health Vault's API is communicating with our own.

Currently, we don't have any immediate plans to update the integration with HealthVault. In the meantime, it is possible for your to export your Health Vault data from Withings as a .csv file, by clicking the "Download" link in the Measurement Table view in Health Mate Web. Then, you can upload this data to Health Vault, and choose the labels for each column. When the upload is complete, your data should all appear in the correct units.

While I know this is not a perfect solution, it will allow you to import your data to HealthVault. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Ryan | Withings Customer Service

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Sort of related, but is there a way to share data from the band 2 to social networks, like FB or Twitter? health vault does not work in Canada.
TIA

Last edited:

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I want my health data in one place. I have health vault set up, but rarely open it. MS needs to take everything that the vault can do, which MS Health can't do, and port those features over to MS Health. Then kill the health vault.

I see MS Health and HealthVault as separate things. One for general personal fitness and one for medical consultation.

However, one MAJOR metric of personal health fitness/tracking is weight. So it's it's appearance in MS Health is at least a year overdue, (in my opinion). Better late then never - so now let's get things interfaced to it. I bought the Withings scale as it had good reviews on precision (repeat-ability of measurement) and seemed to interface with about everything. I know there's others out there, like the fitbit aria, but I hope the Withings is on the list as well.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What I like about the Band is all the datalogging is automatic. My effort: zero. If I don't like the log that it's keeping, I need to get off my duff and move.

I have developed the habit of weighing myself everyday. I just want the data follow the same idea of automatic logging and "just flow".

Hey, Devbent, if you need someone to help test ..... :cool:

People are actually paying $150 for a scale to update an app with their weight? Wow!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
People are actually paying $150 for a scale to update an app with their weight? Wow!
Some people spend $249 to know their heart rate and how many steps they take? Wow! :grin: Glass houses, stones and all that. :wink:

I got it on a black Friday sale and cashed in a couple of gift cards.

Weight normally fluctuates from day-to-day. You kinda have to weigh yourself daily and graph it to see if there's a trend or if you're just bouncing around at the same weight all the time. Simply doing it weekly could hide the trend in the noise.

There's also studies that show that daily weigh-ins help you lose weight. I think the key is you have to graph the results so you don't freak on every upswing. And that's where an app comes in handy. It documents things for you just like how the Band documents your daily step count.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Some people spend $249 to know their heart rate and how many steps they take? Wow! :grin: Glass houses, stones and all that. :wink:

I got it on a black Friday sale and cashed in a couple of gift cards.

Weight normally fluctuates from day-to-day. You kinda have to weigh yourself daily and graph it to see if there's a trend or if you're just bouncing around at the same weight all the time. Simply doing it weekly could hide the trend in the noise.

There's also studies that show that daily weigh-ins help you lose weight. I think the key is you have to graph the results so you don't freak on every upswing. And that's where an app comes in handy. It documents things for you just like how the Band documents your daily step count.

I had so many plans for that 30 seconds it takes to enter my weight into the app.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I see MS Health and HealthVault as separate things. One for general personal fitness and one for medical consultation.

However, one MAJOR metric of personal health fitness/tracking is weight. So it's it's appearance in MS Health is at least a year overdue, (in my opinion). Better late then never - so now let's get things interfaced to it. I bought the Withings scale as it had good reviews on precision (repeat-ability of measurement) and seemed to interface with about everything. I know there's others out there, like the fitbit aria, but I hope the Withings is on the list as well.

I agree. HealthVault is more medical records and Microsoft Health is fitness/activity tracker. And yes, weight is needed in both. (A third sphere is nutrition / dieting, like MyFitnessPal, which also needs weight too). So a lot going on in this realm.

As for weight: I just bought a Withings scale too. Haven't even hooked it up yet. I expect Microsoft will offer a link very soon to Microsoft Health (I believe it is already there for HealthVault).

By the way, I thought the post something about "I had so much planned for the 30 seconds it takes to input my weight manually," was hilarious. But I use all this fancy technology, not because I need it, but because technology is my hobby and I like to play around with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
As for weight: I just bought a Withings scale too. Haven't even hooked it up yet. I expect Microsoft will offer a link very soon to Microsoft Health
I hope so.

(I believe it is already there for HealthVault).
Had. Not currently supported. Yes, MS lists it in HealtVault, but apparently Withings no longer connects to it. It was unclear from my email conversation if they'll bring it back. I'd suggest emailing support so they know there's interest.

But I use all this fancy technology, not because I need it, but because technology is my hobby and I like to play around with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks, Eric. And welcome to propeller-heads anonymous. :wink:

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I hope so.

Had. Not currently supported. Yes, MS lists it in HealtVault, but apparently Withings no longer connects to it. It was unclear from my email conversation if they'll bring it back. I'd suggest emailing support so they know there's interest.

Thanks, Eric. And welcome to propeller-heads anonymous. :wink:

Uh oh. I don't like that they dropped the Withings link to HealthVault. Then again, I can conjure up inside my own head that they removed it from HealthVault (HV) so they can add it to Microsoft Health (MH). Withings and Microsoft don't compete with each other, at least not in scales, so they could get along. And maybe in turn have MH sync to HV which is perhaps a cleaner way to do. Let's hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077