Cortana is not connecting after last firmwareupdate Band 2

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, my band 2 was updated with the latest firmware. Seems Cortana wont connect after that. Not sure about other notifications. Already tried rebooting phone, band and even unregistered and reconnected Band 2. Didnt help. Anyone else having the same issues?

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Got notifications back last night. Uninstalled MS health app, soft reset phone, reinstalled and it is now working. What's weird is I did that the day before but i also unpaired from bluetooth and it did not work.

rhensley827

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I randomly get notifications, but Cortana doesn't work at all. if I reset my phone Cortana may work once, but then she stops. Windows 10, Lumia Icon.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I reainstalled the Microsoft Helath app and now it seems to work again. Notifications were working all the time though.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had my Band working nicely with the phone for a good month and a half, after having done a hard reset of the phone. I thought connectivity issues were a thing of the past. This update has just screwed that all up.

I'm also noticing that the number of steps listed in the Health app doesn't match what I see on my Band. It's short by about 50 steps. I'm guessing it's related to motion having been turned on automatically with this update, but even with it off it isn't syncing properly.

Frustrating to say the least.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
In another thread, it was noted that a MS pushed a new version of the MS Health app a day after the prior release. So I'd double-check that you really have the latest version of the app.

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
If you were able to connect (consistently) to Cortana & the keyboard previously on W10m you were very, very lucky. It's been a persistent issue through all builds, firmware, and MS Health versions. It's not fixed as of .71. I keep hoping .. maybe next build.

And auto-enabling motion data on the latest MS Health update is lame. I had to go into the Motion settings and toggle things off there before the toggle option through the app became available.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Fixes are on the way for Cortana, but until then try the work around of manually starting up the Health app. Also try toggling Bluetooth off/on on your phone.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got my Band working properly with my 950 last night. Restarting both devices didn't work, nor did deleting the Bluetooth profile. I saw that someone here recommended deleting and reinstalling the Health app. That's what I did and it did the trick.

I just checked again now and it seems to still be working fine; I was able to access Cortana and get a response from her.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Fixes are on the way for Cortana, but until then try the work around of manually starting up the Health app. Also try toggling Bluetooth off/on on your phone.

Not to be a jerk, but the Cortana fixes have been touted in past updates for the Band 2 as well as Insider Preview builds of Win 10 Mobile and yet it hasn't actually been fixed. Please please please try to fix it this time. Its one of the main reasons I bought the band, and I'm "this" close to returning it.

rhensley827

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I deleted the Microsoft Health app and re-installed it. Cortana worked great for about an hour. Then something randomly happens and it stops working and begins to say "make sure Bluetooth is connected and your phone is close by" WTF?!

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Fix Cortana launching an app on the phone when called from the band. The phone launches the app but it hangs on launching lumia 950XL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven