Band receives notifications before phone alert goes off

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the alert for text messages comes through on their Band several seconds before the phone plays its own alert that a new message has been received?

I have a 640 XL running W10m on the Insider Preview. I've been noticing for the past several weeks that any time I receive a text message, my Band vibrates to alert me of new text messages about 5 seconds before the phone will vibrate and pop up the message on the screen. Is it just me, or is this normal behavior for W10m's connectivity with a Band? It just seems kind of strange that the phone would send an alert via Bluetooth before playing the alert on its own internal hardware.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the alert for text messages comes through on their Band several seconds before the phone plays its own alert that a new message has been received?

I have a 640 XL running W10m on the Insider Preview. I've been noticing for the past several weeks that any time I receive a text message, my Band vibrates to alert me of new text messages about 5 seconds before the phone will vibrate and pop up the message on the screen. Is it just me, or is this normal behavior for W10m's connectivity with a Band? It just seems kind of strange that the phone would send an alert via Bluetooth before playing the alert on its own internal hardware.

Yes, my Band 2 does this as well. I think its a Bluetooth thing because my car also gets my text message alerts before my phone does.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Does on mine as well, most of the time. Sometimes the phone alerts first followed by the Band.

Sent from my Surface 3

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
So I take it that this is normal behavior. When I first tried W10m last year, there must have been an issue with the notifications or something. Text messages alerts would pop up on the Band about 30 seconds after the phone, and sometimes I'd miss phone calls if the phone was on vibrate and I had set it down across the room.

Back then phone call alerts wouldn't show up on the Band until the call had already been sent to my voicemail or a few seconds after I had already answered the call.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So I take it that this is normal behavior. When I first tried W10m last year, there must have been an issue with the notifications or something. Text messages alerts would pop up on the Band about 30 seconds after the phone, and sometimes I'd miss phone calls if the phone was on vibrate and I had set it down across the room.

Back then phone call alerts wouldn't show up on the Band until the call had already been sent to my voicemail or a few seconds after I had already answered the call.

Now its so good, it shows alerts in the future that haven't happened yet, lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)