Nirvana of sorts - BT, car radio, and the Band

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Bluetooth aux-in adapter for my car radio from Amazon. This one. It plugs into a power adapter inside my car's console.

I set the Windows Gadgets app on my phone to launch Music Band when it connects to the aux-in adapter.

Now when I get in the car, I turn on the ignition, the BT device connects to my phone, Music band launches, and without touching anything, like digging my phone out of its holster, my Band is ready to control the audio.

It's nice when things work out as planned....:excited:
Frank

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So... do you speak to the audio to change track? Or do you press something? By the time you've pressed something you could just forward the track om the stereo? Another ?

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Music Band has a tile on the Band that lets me control the music without touching the phone. It's my first tile and easy to get to start / stop play, skip a track or select one of 4 predetermined play lists... while taking proper safety precautions which would be required if I were using the phone to skip. The car radio skip button does not work in this scheme. Perhaps if I plunked down the money for a BlueTooth enabled radio it would. And actually, the particular BlueTooth device I mention above does have skip buttons which are conveniently located and work with my Lumia phone.

The point of the post was music control without fiddling with the phone. Taking it out to start Music Band or some other music app, hooking an aux-in cable, or whatever else are all eliminated. I also realized I don't leave the phone behind when I leave the car because I never took it out of my holster or pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes