Any other option for repair?

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently sent my Band in for repair since while wearing it normally the clasp separated from the band. It came back today and it was not repaired.

I have rarely felt so hurt/betrayed by a company that I love so much. I personally own 3 windows tablets, a Surface Pro 3, an Xbox One, 3 Microsoft shirts, a half dozen pens and pencils, mugs, mints, stickers and even Xbox one controller stress balls that I bought because I love Microsoft. (My wife made me a Microsoft blanket for Christmas) I currently own a Lumia 920, 1520, 630, 640, and 830 and have used a Lumia 820, 1020 Xbox 360 and a Surface RT that I have sold or given to family members. I have helped 3 other people at work purchase Microsoft Bands and helped 2 family members get Windows Phones. I have been a Windows insider for over a year and, I feel, huge supporter for Windows and Microsoft. I was at our local Windows Store for the Windows 10 launch day and took off work to be there.

I was looking forward to getting a Band 2 but can't see a situation where I could spend $200 on it.

Has anyone else had this issue where they won't help? Are there any other avenues I have to have them look at it? It was bought 10 months ago in the US from Amazon but broke after only 6 months after I bought it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to send my randomly rebooting 830 back twice, the second time with an elaborate note explaining the lack of repair.

Second time was the charm.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
...I personally own 3 windows tablets, a Surface Pro 3, an Xbox One, 3 Microsoft shirts, a half dozen pens and pencils, mugs, mints, stickers and even Xbox one controller stress balls that I bought because I love Microsoft. (My wife made me a Microsoft blanket for Christmas) I currently own a Lumia 920, 1520, 630, 640, and 830 and have used a Lumia 820, 1020 Xbox 360 and a Surface RT that I have sold or given to family members. I have helped 3 other people at work purchase Microsoft Bands and helped 2 family members get Windows Phones. I have been a Windows insider for over a year and, I feel, huge supporter for Windows and Microsoft. I was at our local Windows Store for the Windows 10 launch day and took off work to be there....

It appears you have spoiled Microsoft! Do you get from MS discount card called Microsoft Friends & Family?

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
When I like something I go all in, before Apple became what it is today I was a huge fan of theirs, (System 9 to early OS X era) I made a trip across 3 states to visit their headquarters, that wasn't even open. (I did make up for it by making it part of my Honeymoon trip a couple years later)

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"I have rarely felt so hurt/betrayed by a company that I love so much. "

If this hurts and makes you feel betrayed then... heaven help you if something serious happens in your life. You haven't explained exactly what happened to your band? Maybe MS felt that YOU damaged the band and that it shouldn't be repaired. How about, instead of complaining and pulling the 'hurt' card, you do the next logical thing and ask to speak to a supervisor. Send it back, again, get it repaired and move on with life. If not then drop all MS products and move to someone else. You'll quickly find that instances like this happen with ALL companies. Yes... including Apple. Heck don't let an iPhone smell moisture etc.

Sorry for being a bit harsh but it does seem like you're pulling the old, 'waaahh I'm ssoooooooo hurt!' card. Gets tiring.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
"I have rarely felt so hurt/betrayed by a company that I love so much. "

If this hurts and makes you feel betrayed then... heaven help you if something serious happens in your life. You haven't explained exactly what happened to your band? Maybe MS felt that YOU damaged the band and that it shouldn't be repaired. How about, instead of complaining and pulling the 'hurt' card, you do the next logical thing and ask to speak to a supervisor. Send it back, again, get it repaired and move on with life. If not then drop all MS products and move to someone else. You'll quickly find that instances like this happen with ALL companies. Yes... including Apple. Heck don't let an iPhone smell moisture etc.

Sorry for being a bit harsh but it does seem like you're pulling the old, 'waaahh I'm ssoooooooo hurt!' card. Gets tiring.

My main reason for posting was to see if others had had luck by escalating it, or if I needed to cut my losses on the Band and not spend my time in vain trying to get it resolved.

I didn't feel it was necessary to explain here exactly what happened, since I did tell Microsoft, but I was getting up from my desk and used my arm rests on my chair to push up and the bending of my wrist cause the band to separate from the clasp.

Perhaps "love" was the wrong word, respect may have been better. In all my other dealing with Microsoft they have been nothing short of outstanding in their customer service, so to receive my band back in worse shape than when I shipped it with no warning that they denied my claim was a bit of a surprise. I thought that Microsoft could have handled it better, even an email update stating that they were unable to replace the Band for whatever reason would have been welcome. It would have been frustrating but at least there would have been some communication rather then "we have received your item. Your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and a replacement will be processed."

I had talked with them and they said that it should be covered before I sent it in, I understand that a tech online can't guarantee anything but they seemed to have no question it was a failure of the band.
Because they voided my warranty I am unable to print a label and send it back again without a cost involved.

I know I am not entitled to any special treatment no matter my feelings and in the end Microsoft and all other companies are in it to make money. In the end, either it will get replaced or it won't, I didn't mean to come across as if my life was over. It sucks but believe me I know if that is my biggest problem in life, I am doing just fine. So I'm sorry that my post seemed to have struck a nerve with you when simply seeing of other community members have had any luck before exerting more effort. Yes I was venting a bit, I thought to a community that would be a little understanding and supporting and not so quick to judge.

othello73

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Michael. I'm going through the same thing. When my band 1 came back they couldn't even be bothered to send my charging cord back. Anyways I'm pretty much done with MS. I had the Band 1 since launch. I'm leaning towards the next Apple Watch. I can't get behind the band 2 and deal with multiple visits to fix a defective product.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The best option I know of is a trip in person to the nearest Microsoft Store, if there's one within a reasonable distance.
When I like something I go all in, before Apple became what it is today I was a huge fan of theirs, (System 9 to early OS X era) I made a trip across 3 states to visit their headquarters, that wasn't even open. (I did make up for it by making it part of my Honeymoon trip a couple years later)
I understand. Your trip reminds me that vacation trip my family took when I was a senior in high school. I was into shortwave radio and accurate quartz watches at the time. On the way through Colorado my parents didn't understand why I wanted to visit the WWV transmitter site in Fort Collins and take the atomic clock tour at National Bureau of Standards in Boulder. But they took me anyway.

Last edited:

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
As an update for anyone who may care. I did reach out via the Microsoft Band Facebook page and they contacted me to ask me a few more questions. I was told they would forward it on to their escalation department.
This morning I received a call from someone from Microsoft to let them know they reviewed my case and would take care of it and send me out a new Band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99