Health app now with live tile

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I've just noticed my Health tile now shows me all the relevant information. Including battery power in percentage, which I think is the band's battery. Looks great and very handy. This is why I prefer WP over Android and ios.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Updated, but I can't see any live tile, do I need to physically add it??

Android user

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey buddy.. You are inviting me to join a sinking boat... From mobile point of view Windows are going the same direction as Nokia... Look how long MS took to put something simple as battery percentage on the App..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Do the right thing and come to windows
Nah, I like the fact that as a Android user, I've had a solid MS Health/Band experience. :winktongue:

I have no idea why that is, but it sure seems so. Even if you subtract Cortana issues (since non-Windows users don't have that feature). Notifications are always solid. :excited:

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Good news. Now all they have to do is add a good diet tracker, a source for news stories, how to videos, maps of the human body and it might be as good as MSN Health & Fitness was before they scrapped it.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Why do people have this desperate need to be like everyone else?

Its a bit unfair to characterize it that way. I love windows phone, but for a daily driver, I just can't handle the problems with connectivity I've experienced. I have two windows phones, an HTC One M8, and a Lumia Icon. On several occasions with both phones I've lost cell connectivity with no indication of a problem. The only way I found out was by either checking my email because I suddenly realized I hadn't gotten any lately, or tried to make a call and couldn't. Rebooting the phone solves it, but I can't put up with not knowing whether I'm going to miss an important call or text.

As I said, I love windows phone. I truly feel it is the most beautiful of all three OS's, and I've always been a windows guy for my PC's and tablets. When WM10 actually launches and proves reliable, and if Verizon (my only option for service, no AT&T here) gets a new flagship, I'll dump Android in a heartbeat. Until then, it'll have to do. Trust me, its not always a case of wanting or needing to be like everyone else.

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My health app tile acts like its live, but its not really. It has been showing the same steps, calories and battery all day. The time it says updated on the live tile hasn't changed either. Anybody else had this situation and found a solution ?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You lead very sad lives.
How is your Betamax working for you? Or your quadraphonic sound system, RCA video disk, EL Cassette, HD DVD, or any other contender that fell by the wayside? I've ridden my share of technology into the dust. I'm not real keen on making it a habit.

Eons ago, back when people had to decide what computer to buy, the standard advice was to find the apps you wanted, and then buy the computer that ran it. Who cared if one had a superior OS if it didn't have the apps you need? Much has changed - but that advice still applies to mobile devices.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
We've learned through past experience, that if you're not with the crowd, your device is likely to be dropped and/or not have the best apps.

Well you really need an iPhone for the best apps, so you're still not 'with the crowd'. You may be with the 'masses', but that's because of all the cheap phones. Let us do our thing while you do yours...

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
We don't need no steenkin' smartphone war in the Band 2 forum. Besides, we already know who lost. :angel:

Anyhoo, it will be interesting to see what Microsoft has to announce at Mobile World. It seems that they gave out some teasers to a few opinion makers who have in turn been teasing the rest of us of what Microsoft might announce on the mobile front.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Its a bit unfair to characterize it that way. I love windows phone, but for a daily driver, I just can't handle the problems with connectivity I've experienced. I have two windows phones, an HTC One M8, and a Lumia Icon. On several occasions with both phones I've lost cell connectivity with no indication of a problem. The only way I found out was by either checking my email because I suddenly realized I hadn't gotten any lately, or tried to make a call and couldn't. Rebooting the phone solves it, but I can't put up with not knowing whether I'm going to miss an important call or text.

As I said, I love windows phone. I truly feel it is the most beautiful of all three OS's, and I've always been a windows guy for my PC's and tablets. When WM10 actually launches and proves reliable, and if Verizon (my only option for service, no AT&T here) gets a new flagship, I'll dump Android in a heartbeat. Until then, it'll have to do. Trust me, its not always a case of wanting or needing to be like everyone else.

Sorry, but I think it is fair. North Americans all want the same stuff. If your friends have it, you must. The rest of the world seems to have less of an issue and is, probably, why Windows phones sell better there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99