05-17-2016 06:59 PM
38 12
tools
    I've just noticed my Health tile now shows me all the relevant information. Including battery power in percentage, which I think is the band's battery. Looks great and very handy. This is why I prefer WP over Android and ios.
    Likwidz likes this.
    02-19-2016 03:53 AM
    yeah noticed it myself, been long overdue. maybe they will integrate something into the lockscreen also

Sent from mTalk
    02-19-2016 04:06 AM
    Updated, but I can't see any live tile, do I need to physically add it??

Android user

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-19-2016 04:55 AM
    Updated, but I can't see any live tile, do I need to physically add it??

Android user

Your an android user. No live tile of course. Do the right thing and come to windows
    Dave47 and zei20t like this.
    02-19-2016 05:01 AM
    Thanks for the tip, was on mini tile because it was static before, sized up and works perfectly; love it
    02-19-2016 12:18 PM
    awww I was hoping the band firmware update was going to fix cortana bluetooth communication issue :(
    02-19-2016 01:10 PM
    Hey buddy.. You are inviting me to join a sinking boat... From mobile point of view Windows are going the same direction as Nokia... Look how long MS took to put something simple as battery percentage on the App..

02-19-2016 01:34 PM
    Your an android user. No live tile of course. Do the right thing and come to windows
    Like the rest of the 1.1%.

Android leads, Windows phones fade further in Gartner's smartphone sales report | PCWorld
    02-19-2016 02:37 PM
    Do the right thing and come to windows
    Nah, I like the fact that as a Android user, I've had a solid MS Health/Band experience.

I have no idea why that is, but it sure seems so. Even if you subtract Cortana issues (since non-Windows users don't have that feature). Notifications are always solid.
    02-19-2016 05:48 PM
    Good news. Now all they have to do is add a good diet tracker, a source for news stories, how to videos, maps of the human body and it might be as good as MSN Health & Fitness was before they scrapped it.
    Arunabha Goswami likes this.
    02-20-2016 07:59 AM
    Why do people have this desperate need to be like everyone else?
    Alroy Swain and evdel like this.
    02-20-2016 08:07 AM
    That's not true, some people would do insane stuffs just for the desperate need to be different.
    02-20-2016 12:52 PM
    We've learned through past experience, that if you're not with the crowd, your device is likely to be dropped and/or not have the best apps.
    02-20-2016 01:54 PM
    We've learned through past experience, that if you're not with the crowd, your device is likely to be dropped and/or not have the best apps.
    You lead very sad lives.
    02-20-2016 02:40 PM
    Its a bit unfair to characterize it that way. I love windows phone, but for a daily driver, I just can't handle the problems with connectivity I've experienced. I have two windows phones, an HTC One M8, and a Lumia Icon. On several occasions with both phones I've lost cell connectivity with no indication of a problem. The only way I found out was by either checking my email because I suddenly realized I hadn't gotten any lately, or tried to make a call and couldn't. Rebooting the phone solves it, but I can't put up with not knowing whether I'm going to miss an important call or text.

As I said, I love windows phone. I truly feel it is the most beautiful of all three OS's, and I've always been a windows guy for my PC's and tablets. When WM10 actually launches and proves reliable, and if Verizon (my only option for service, no AT&T here) gets a new flagship, I'll dump Android in a heartbeat. Until then, it'll have to do. Trust me, its not always a case of wanting or needing to be like everyone else.
    02-20-2016 06:19 PM
    My health app tile acts like its live, but its not really. It has been showing the same steps, calories and battery all day. The time it says updated on the live tile hasn't changed either. Anybody else had this situation and found a solution ?
    02-20-2016 08:04 PM
    You lead very sad lives.
    How is your Betamax working for you? Or your quadraphonic sound system, RCA video disk, EL Cassette, HD DVD, or any other contender that fell by the wayside? I've ridden my share of technology into the dust. I'm not real keen on making it a habit.

Eons ago, back when people had to decide what computer to buy, the standard advice was to find the apps you wanted, and then buy the computer that ran it. Who cared if one had a superior OS if it didn't have the apps you need? Much has changed - but that advice still applies to mobile devices.
    Arunabha Goswami and luxnws like this.
    02-20-2016 08:05 PM
    Well you really need an iPhone for the best apps, so you're still not 'with the crowd'. You may be with the 'masses', but that's because of all the cheap phones. Let us do our thing while you do yours...
    evdel likes this.
    02-20-2016 09:14 PM
    We don't need no steenkin' smartphone war in the Band 2 forum. Besides, we already know who lost.

Anyhoo, it will be interesting to see what Microsoft has to announce at Mobile World. It seems that they gave out some teasers to a few opinion makers who have in turn been teasing the rest of us of what Microsoft might announce on the mobile front.
    02-21-2016 05:04 AM
    Its a bit unfair to characterize it that way. I love windows phone, but for a daily driver, I just can't handle the problems with connectivity I've experienced. I have two windows phones, an HTC One M8, and a Lumia Icon. On several occasions with both phones I've lost cell connectivity with no indication of a problem. The only way I found out was by either checking my email because I suddenly realized I hadn't gotten any lately, or tried to make a call and couldn't. Rebooting the phone solves it, but I can't put up with not knowing whether I'm going to miss an important call or text.

As I said, I love windows phone. I truly feel it is the most beautiful of all three OS's, and I've always been a windows guy for my PC's and tablets. When WM10 actually launches and proves reliable, and if Verizon (my only option for service, no AT&T here) gets a new flagship, I'll dump Android in a heartbeat. Until then, it'll have to do. Trust me, its not always a case of wanting or needing to be like everyone else.
    Sorry, but I think it is fair. North Americans all want the same stuff. If your friends have it, you must. The rest of the world seems to have less of an issue and is, probably, why Windows phones sell better there.
    02-21-2016 07:40 AM
    How is your Betamax working for you? Or your quadraphonic sound system, RCA video disk, EL Cassette, HD DVD, or any other contender that fell by the wayside? I've ridden my share of technology into the dust. I'm not real keen on making it a habit.

Eons ago, back when people had to decide what computer to buy, the standard advice was to find the apps you wanted, and then buy the computer that ran it. Who cared if one had a superior OS if it didn't have the apps you need? Much has changed - but that advice still applies to mobile devices.
    Please! People just absolutely have to have whatever everyone else has or they will just die. Live free! Try something different.
    02-21-2016 07:43 AM
    Sorry, but I think it is fair. North Americans all want the same stuff. If your friends have it, you must. The rest of the world seems to have less of an issue and is, probably, why Windows phones sell better there.
    Stop with the sweeping generalizations. Nate gave you a concrete example of someone who wanted to stay on Windows Phone, but couldn't because it still lags behind other platforms in many ways. He's hardly the only person who feels that way. As someone who has never owned a non-Windows smartphone, I'm also worried that it just won't be viable to stick with it much longer. Has nothing to do with what other people have. That's two counterexamples for you right there. We both have tried "something different," but it may not be good enough for our purposes.
    02-21-2016 08:08 AM
    Stop with the sweeping generalizations. Nate gave you a concrete example of someone who wanted to stay on Windows Phone, but couldn't because it still lags behind other platforms in many ways. He's hardly the only person who feels that way. As someone who has never owned a non-Windows smartphone, I'm also worried that it just won't be viable to stick with it much longer. Has nothing to do with what other people have. That's two counterexamples for you right there. We both have tried "something different," but it may not be good enough for our purposes.
    Two whole examples mean nothing. I can give you examples of people who just have to have something, simply, because everyone else does. This issue seems to affect North Americans much more than others. It is not restricted to phones.

I don't care what you have. I just wondered why this happens. Many refer to Apple users as iSheep, and Android users as Androids. I wonder why? Doesn't that tend to say much of what I said?
    02-21-2016 04:12 PM
    Two whole examples mean nothing. I can give you examples of people who just have to have something, simply, because everyone else does. This issue seems to affect North Americans much more than others. It is not restricted to phones.

I don't care what you have. I just wondered why this happens. Many refer to Apple users as iSheep, and Android users as Androids. I wonder why? Doesn't that tend to say much of what I said?
    You seem to need a refresher in logic. If you say "all" North Americans want the same stuff, then yes, two counterexamples does mean something. Clearly not "all" people think that way.

More to the point, your post ignores many other possible explanations. To begin with, the 4 major US carriers barely offer any Windows phones. Don't you think that might have something to do with them being unpopular? And the ones they do offer have terrible support. I bought a Windows phone from Sprint after they explicitly promised to support it and not only did it never get any updates, they never even fixed the firmware level bugs it shipped with. Few options to begin with and terrible support for customers is a difficult combination to overcome. Add in the fact that phones are largely tied to carriers here in a way they are not most places in the world, and it really isn't surprising that Windows Mobile isn't doing so well. The icing on the cake is that many sales people here actively steer customers away from Windows phones.

That's a much better explanation than yours, for which you didn't offer any actual evidence.
    02-21-2016 04:21 PM
    Back on the original topic. Does the live tile only work if you have Band 2?
    02-21-2016 05:21 PM
38 12