Band 2 randomly shutting down

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My band 2 will completely turn off if I'm in the middle of a workout or sleep.. I have to put it on the charger to turn it back on. But the battery is clearly not even close to dead. Thoughts?

Spiff542

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I could not resolve it, and opened a warranty service ticket, and shipped it back to Microsoft. They turned it around within a few days, and a new one is on its way to me now.

Mine eventually would "die" while actually still on the charger. I could not keep it on. It started out exhibiting the same issues you describe. I I were you, I'd log on to my Microsoft account and start the warranty process now.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
This juts happened to me a few times after the last update. I hope it doesn't keep happening, but if it does, I'll send it back. Band 2 has been good for me until this point.

I assume you see the warning about setting time and date as if the battery has died. The funny thing, is when I really have run the battery dead in the past on long hikes/rides with gps, I didn't see the set date/time. Maybe that is something new.

Update 4/5: So I noticed that the time the watch went to when I plugged it back in matched the exact time of the last sync. So I tried putting the watch in airplane mode, and it did make this less frequent but it still happened. Then I let the watch run until the battery was really dead. Every since that (about a week ago) I have not had this happen any more. Since the time I ran the battery out I have no longer been in airplane mode.

Last edited:

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I took my band 2 back to the MS store where purchased (Chandler, AZ)today because it was randomly shutting down plus the band had split. (Purchased last November). The Store Manager agreed it was replaceable under warranty. However, he would not (Or could not( replace it on the spot, They took my Band for shipping to their warranty replacement location. I was told to expect a new band in 7 to 10 business days,

Fine, they are replacing the Band, But, this is the sort of poor service I would not expect from someone like Microsoft. As a contrast, my wife's iPad Air 2 had an issue that was covered by Warranty. Did the Apple Store 100 yard from my Microsoft Store tell me I needed to wait 7-10 days for a replacement? Not. The Apple rep went into the back room and handed me a new one on the spot. He apologized for my inconvenience.

Quite a contrast don't you think?. One interesting comment made by the MS rep was my Band issues were do to a "manufacturers" error. He said that twice before I decided to comment that yea, Microsoft - the manufacturer - was at fault. Sounded like a politician (Or young child) that could not accept responsibility and wanted to push blame somewhere else.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me this week after I ran the battery down to zero. I put it on the charger for three hours and it was just showing a weird battery icon on the screen and would not turn on. Eventually I reset it and got it to look like it was working, but it would just shut down and be unresponsive after a few minutes. I took it to my nearest MS store and they tried to get it to work, and I thought we had it, but then I walked 50 paces to go back home and it happened again. I turned around and went back and they replaced it on the spot. One rep asked the other rep if he had seen this before, and the second one said it was a known issue and that he had seen many cases like this recently.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
So, this came back for me with vengeance. It now really won't charge, It was able to function when on the charger, turned off whenever I unplugged it. Then I did a factory reset, and it was bricked. I see a battery icon at the right, and a little blue light blinking at the bottom left. I'm going to send it back to Sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb