How to control annoying notifications?

mousefan064

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Band 2 for a month or so and I like it. The only issue I have it figuring out how to limit some notifications. The worst is, while I am driving, it flashes my ETA to home (or work) every 10 minutes or so. It also tells me the local temperature every 10 minutes. This has to be s Goggle thing although my phones doesn't do this. I have no application that is obviously doing this plus when I disable band notifications I stop getting any. so, any thoughts?

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess this is Cortana related. Either remove it from your band altogether, or go in settings (on your band), manage tiles and there into cortana. Edit and mute any notifications.

mousefan064

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks - I will play around. For back story, I don't think my microsoft tablet is connected per se to my phone (I have a Blackberry running Android OS) but maybe the Microsoft Health app is secretly pulling from my Microsoft login, which is sharing preferences from my Surface tablet? I bet this Microsoft / BlackBerry / Android forced marriage is causing some distress for my Band. I will do some digging.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you go in MS Heath App on your phone, in the notifications, you can control what apps are allowed to send notifications to your band. Start by turning them all off, and then turn on just the ones that you want. That will probably fix it.

mousefan064

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Droiduser - I already tried that but of the many listings in the notification center, none seem to control my weather notifications or that driving time notification. I also get a notification everytime I am near an open wifi hotspot. So, driving down the street by band buzzes sometimes every minute, between open hot spots, my ETA to work, the temperature at my town and other misc things. I really just want to get buzzed on important things. I did adjust my Cortina settings as previously suggested (no change) but now I am going to play with my Google settings to see if that helps. I definitely cannot fix this via the Health app. I know I can tame this beast!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Let's see if we're on the same page here:

• Open the MS Health App,
  • Press the "hamburger" icon (three horizontal lines)
  • Click on "Manage tiles"
  • Scroll down to "Notification Center" (I noticed I have it turned off completly - that may be part of my secret.)
  • Click on the "pencil" icon just to the right of "Notification Center" (Assuming it's on - slider to the right is blue, not gray)
  • Click on "Change notification center apps"

Now you see a list of all apps that can send a notification to your band. I'd suggest starting with "Deselect all" and turn on just the apps you're interested in that don't already have a dedicated tile.

When done, click the "save" icon (picture of a 3.5" floppy disk).

That should tame the beast.

mousefan064

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks - I edited my notifications before, but no change. What I just did was turn off all of them except for those I recognize and want. That did the trick. So, there these ETA and weather apps were buried within something. Things are looking good now. I had my Band for a month or so and it is working out well for me - so far, so good. Thanks for your help.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
What I just did was turn off all of them except for those I recognize and want. That did the trick.
Exactly. When you look at them, there isn't that many that most people would want on their Band. The rest can wait for when you pull out the phone for other stuff.

So, there these ETA and weather apps were buried within something.
I'll take a wild guess at Google, Google App, Google Now or something like that. It tries to be helpful by analyzing patterns and give you useful information before you ask for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes