V02 - SInce Update

Kylesh12

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in their V02 since the update? Did something change in the formula or am I going backwards on my fitness? :grin:

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I think what you need to remember is that we were all complaining about how over/under the HR was measuring, so taking this into account, the VO2 measurements should not have been too accurate to begin with. eg on my left wrist inside, my HR can be 20 bpm over or under, while on my right inside wrist, my HR is recorded as 7 - 10 bpm over/under = not very accurate VO2 reading.
As the HR monitoring gets more and more accurate, then you should start to see more accurate VO2 measurements, which might be a lot less than what you were led to believe.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My first VO2 rating was around 45 last spring when I was training for a half marathon. I took some time off from running after the race. When I started doing some occasional running later in the summer, my VO2 rating dropped to around 42.

I got a Band 2 in November when I wasn't really doing much of anything. I started running regularly again in January and my VO2 rating is now down to 39.9. I don't know if that is a more accurate measurement based on the new Band or updated firmware, or if the number has gone down because I was further along in my training when I got my first Band and was therefore running more efficiently at that time.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine is hanging out around 59 (which I think is really high for what it should be). What that high with band 1, then with band 2, no change yet since update.

My main exercise is a bike commute, very little running, although I use the run tile for hikes. My theory is that my mainly downhill morning commute has a high heart rate, but not because of excursion, because I'm very alert and around traffic, and cold, in winter typical near or below freezing, as a result falsely quick recovery. I thought maybe the altimeter on the band 2 would change this, but just dropped from 59.3 to 59.0.

Also live at 5000ft, but not sure if that has impact, but sounds like if anything that would lower it?

I thought health vault had VO2 history, but couldn't find it. I think when I first got band 1 was around 49?

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine is hanging out around 59 (which I think is really high for what it should be). What that high with band 1, then with band 2, no change yet since update.

I thought health vault had VO2 history, but couldn't find it. I think when I first got band 1 was around 49?

Mine has been consistent at around 53 to 54 (Band1 since release, and Band2 since Oct 2015). And based off previous tests on other VO2 measuring equipment, that's pretty accurate for me.

Yeah, I wish they would keep a history of one's VO2 ratings, but I don't think they do.......would make it a lot more useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos