After W10M 10586.164 build, Band no longer gets notifications!! Anybody else??

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello folks. Has anybody else with a Microsoft Band (MB) 2 NO LONGER GET any e-mail, text, phone or ANY notifications on their MB after Windows 10 Mobile (W10M) update 10586.164? I have had no problems JUST BEFORE W10M update 10586.164... but now, I have no communication between the two devices. HOWEVER, my MB is indeed connecting to Microsoft Health app, and will sync step count, etc... So, IT IS CONNECTED via bluetooth to the phone. The MB just does not get any other info from my W10M. Anybody else have this experience?

Thanks for chiming in if you can.:smile:

Until then.......

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Exact same problem here worked fine before the update, after update nothing being received email text or phone. I am running the latest android on my lg android phone I believe it is 6.0
Hope some thing can be done to fix this problem. :angry:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Exact same problem here worked fine before the update, after update nothing being received email text or phone. I am running the latest android on my lg android phone I believe it is 6.0
Hope some thing can be done to fix this problem. :angry:

Eh????

Anyways, you are right OP. I have also lost all notifications on mine. 164 on 950xl and band 1. Definitely connected as MS Health works

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After I updated to 164 last night, First thing I did due to all the cortana issues was de-register device, delete the blue tooth pairing, uninstalled MS Health then factory reset my band.

I set it all back up and after over night, my action button is still initiating cortana on the phone when held down and I'm getting notifications fine (notification action center) I haven't gotten a text or phone call yet and I rely on notification tile for email notification.

This is with 950XL

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. No joke, I hate this Band. It had such potential and it wasn't cheap. I'm so mad that core functionality doesn't work.

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I just uninstalled Microsoft health and reinstalled it. I was able to receive a text and send one from my band 2 afterwards.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine didn't work on the update. I ended up hard reset, no restore. All is good now. Call, texts and email appearing on band. Notifications as well. Cortana works on it as well now.

I though MSFT had sorted the upgrade configurations. Obviously not. There must be some conflict somewhere as this seems a regular occurrence when updating.

Theraxant

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I did the same as jdballard. uninstalled MS Health, reinstalled and got the firmware update. Notifications are now working. They did not work before with the windows mobile build. I did not do any reset.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally left my Band 2 on the charger on top of my entertainment center all day yesterday. After I got home and was watching television last night, I could still see text messages popping up on my Band from across the room.

The only issue I had is after sleep tracking last night, the Band didn't automatically reconnect with my phone this morning. I tapped the Band in my phone's Bluetooth settings and the devices quickly reconnected. I haven't had any other issues between my Band 2 and my Lumia 640 XL since updating to build 10586.164.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12