Don't get the latest fast ring build it will kill the band syncing

Ken Nye

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
doesnt this say you can reset and get it working again?

If you have a Microsoft Band 1 or 2 paired to your phone, it will no longer sync after updating to this build due to a system API failure that occurs after the update. If you want to get your Band syncing with your phone again – you can temporarily change the language of your phone as a short term workaround until we release a fix. Additionally, you can also choose to reset your phone to get out of this state – however you may experience this update issue again with the next build until we fix this issue. This issue may also impact Skype video and audio calls

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody tried to "temporarily change the language"? What does it mean? Change to any language? And what happens when you change back? Does it stop syncing?

Thx.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I changed the language and was able to get the new firmware update on my band. But as soon as I changed the language back, I lost syncing.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I reset my phone and the band is now syncing. I usually reset my phone after a new build anyway, so no big deal for me.

same, appears to be working fine!

with decent backup/restore processes, its not hugely difficult to reset on each build.

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
changing the language does not solve it in my configurtion.
not the region/language etc.. both on band and mobile.
The band sees a pairing and so does the BT connection. Only the health app does not see the pairing it seems.
(btw: tried uninstalling heath. reset band, change language on vand and phone etc.. etc..)

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Changed my phone language to french and syncs perfectly again. Apart from Cortana everything works.

Changed mine to English (UK) and it works for me. Unfortunately the time changed to 24 hour after so it was 15:30 when I did it. I turned off 24 hour time and now it says 08:44am instead of 8:44am now

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Posted this somewhere else. Just download desk top sync app and everytime you plug your band to your pc to charge...it syncs, checks for updates, etc. Don't know why in the hell Gabe posted switching languages, etc when this is so much easier and not really a work around..lol

Download Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows from Official Microsoft Download Center

That would be useful for some. I use my personal computer once a week and don't bring my cable to my work computer. Syncing my phone is much easier and I like to see how I sleep each night or after each run. I don't mind changing my language to English (UK) until the next release build fixes it.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That would be useful for some. I use my personal computer once a week and don't bring my cable to my work computer. Syncing my phone is much easier and I like to see how I sleep each night or after each run. I don't mind changing my language to English (UK) until the next release build fixes it.
Well hopefully this fixed within a week or 2 but I charge mine every evening on my pc before bed so I can track sleep, etc. I dont need cable for work if I charge at night and I dont run while at work so works for me.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue too. I changed the phone language and it works fine now, except for displaying time in 24 hours bit that is fine.

Gregg Le Blanc

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I wish I'd found this post before I factory reset my Band 2 today...
I was able to change my language to English (Canadian), reboot, re-pair and it almost worked flawlessly (during pairing, it needed to retry).

Oh well... I can now learn the subtleties of a foreign tongue, eh?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
doesnt this say you can reset and get it working again?

If you have a Microsoft Band 1 or 2 paired to your phone, it will no longer sync after updating to this build due to a system API failure that occurs after the update. If you want to get your Band syncing with your phone again – you can temporarily change the language of your phone as a short term workaround until we release a fix. Additionally, you can also choose to reset your phone to get out of this state – however you may experience this update issue again with the next build until we fix this issue. This issue may also impact Skype video and audio calls

It's sad people don't read the known issues and just upgrade and complain. It's right in their blog post. It's on every windows blog site. Hehe.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I wish I'd found this post before I factory reset my Band 2 today...
I was able to change my language to English (Canadian), reboot, re-pair and it almost worked flawlessly (during pairing, it needed to retry).

Oh well... I can now learn the subtleties of a foreign tongue, eh?

well changing the language does not work for me, and sorry but I will not reset my phone and spend another hour setting it up even if I back it up as I will still have to settle things and install things to get it back to where I had it before.... when you release updates they shouldn't break things even if they are beta release... the idea is to improve not break things...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720