Band 2 Battery life

Frank p Lai

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I currently have a band 2. I've had it for several months, but noticed that I do not get the 48 hours of battery life that was advertised.

Actually, I have been noticing a slow decrease in my battery. I do know there is a decrese in battery over time, but when I first got it, I could easily get 50% after 1 day.

I have not changed my daily habits. My band is rotate on. I don't use the fitness function, just the automatic step counting. It is linked via Bluetooth for mail and text messaging. And the screen is on dim.

After 24 hours, I am at 25% insead of the 50% I usually get.

I do know of the battery issue that has been going on, but I am not sure this is related, unless part of the battery is no longer feeding into the band 2.

Anyone else notice a decrease in battery life?

Last edited:

Fritz Anker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I experienced this with my last two bands. First band had a separate battery issue. My most recent band I just returned as - as you said - after just the day (12hrs) it would be down to 25% and wouldn't last the night for sleep monitoring. So, I gave up and returned it. After three bands having battery issues in less than a year tells me these aren't really ready for prime time. Sad as I loved the little thing.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I dropped the mail as the display for the amount of the email it shows is horrible. After that my battery still last 2 days if I don't excercise. 2 months going...my first band 2 device the heart rate sensor broke after a month. So watch out for that one, easy way to tell is it doesn't track your sleep.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I experienced this with my last two bands. First band had a separate battery issue. My most recent band I just returned as - as you said - after just the day (12hrs) it would be down to 25% and wouldn't last the night for sleep monitoring. So, I gave up and returned it. After three bands having battery issues in less than a year tells me these aren't really ready for prime time. Sad as I loved the little thing.

I have actually been quite pleased with my Band 2. The battery will last two days unless I go on a long bike ride with GPS running, which is the one battery killer. Usually I charge it for 30-45 minutes each morning when I first wake up and it's all I need.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
My Band has never given me an issue with low battery, every time I sit at my computer I plug it in , wipe any moisture or dirt off it make sure it is clean and dry. When I get up from my computer I put it on, when ever I look at the % of battery it is never under 50% since last Dec. you need to get into a habit of caring for your band to have it in top shape. NO COMPLAINTS HERE FOR 4 MONTHS :smile:

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you all have the 'Time" display on? My band battery lasts only 24 hours with the notifications (email,phone text, etc) calendar, exercise and the time displayed?

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a lot of emails coming through? Three months in an mine last's two full days without a problem. Bike rides tend to drain it fast though and the gps power save mode is useless as it doesn't give you accurate information although they do mention that. So power bank comes with me and I charge it at the coffee stop, just need to keep the guys talking more so I have enough juice in it for the ride back.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Have time on rotation all other notifications on and working fine. Just did a upgrade on Band2 software and Microsoft Band Sync software every thing seems fine so far.

Cheers

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
band 2 with lots of mail ( using VIP list now to avoid alot of notifications) Whatsapp etc.. can use the band for about 36 hours.

achiquitachaser

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you guys normally wear your band? always on, only when rotated or only for notifications? Since I wear a watch also, I keep it on rotate and get almost 3-4 days out of a charge.

Frank p Lai

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I have mine on rotate only. Didn't know there was a function for "only notifications"

Even with rotate on, my band does not last any longer than 24 hr.

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
36 hours with normal use.
Nice to know, disabling Blutooth, hadly any difference.
Disabling watch mode or using turn time hardly any difference.
So i am happy with the 36 hours. Charging the band is a quick job.

Fritz Anker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have actually been quite pleased with my Band 2. The battery will last two days unless I go on a long bike ride with GPS running, which is the one battery killer. Usually I charge it for 30-45 minutes each morning when I first wake up and it's all I need.

That's the thing. I was happy with my battery life too, until I wasn't. My first band lasted the longest and I think it ended up having a separate issue (wouldn't charge, or give me the wrong % avail). My last two though the battery life just drained quickly after a few months to the point I could no longer rely on it. I can't keep going the MS store, so sadly I gave it up for a full refund.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
That's the thing. I was happy with my battery life too, until I wasn't. My first band lasted the longest and I think it ended up having a separate issue (wouldn't charge, or give me the wrong % avail). My last two though the battery life just drained quickly after a few months to the point I could no longer rely on it. I can't keep going the MS store, so sadly I gave it up for a full refund.

Yeah, that's how my 1st gen band was after about 10 months. Microsoft had to ship me a replacement, which took weeks. I didn't want to be without a band, so I got a Band 2. It's clearly a more polished device. But I can't blame you for not wanting to stick it out with a device that keeps breaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium