I just ordered the band 2 last night. Need some piece of mind please

HydrolicAcid

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered the band last night. All today, I've been reading stuff online about it, ans on here, I see a lot of people have had their band rip after a few months, or have battery failure (probably due to the wires circuitry getting loose). I also heard that the cause of this is due to buying the wrong size, and having it worn tight. Has anyone not had any problems with their band 2 that has had it for a decent amount of time? I did buy the complete coverage plan. I took a piece of string that was 7.5 inches long, and the ends just met when I wrapped it around my wrist, so I went with the large.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since Christmas. No problems yet. I have a large and wear it almost at the tightest setting.

I was wearing it to track sleep up until last week when I was viewing threads on here about people with cracks in the band. I decided to stop wearing it at night in the hope to keep it in better condition.

I charge my battery every second day.

I don't wear it while I work though. I just put mine on for walk, runs, or going out - to get my phone notifications without having to pull out my phone while I'm out and about.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Another owner since Christmas. I don't wear mine while sleeping, usually turn it off at night. Charge it every second day, and wear it all day at both work and the gym. So far everything is just fine.

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine in January, wear all the time, except the 2 hrs needed to charge every 48 hrs or so. No problems yet, though I too worry about the cracking I read about on here. Great device

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
You got to quit reading stuff here. Lol I have no proof but I.have always believed for every negative "this device isn't working" post there are several thousand that the device is working as promised.

I've had my Band 2 since Christmas and it been functioning as its supposed too.

Sent from mTalk

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
You got to quit reading stuff here. Lol I have no proof but I.have always believed for every negative "this device isn't working" post there are several thousand that the device is working as promised.

I've had my Band 2 since Christmas and it been functioning as its supposed too.

Sent from mTalk

I think it's pretty much real when stuff like this appears on Windows Central because WC is known as a Microsoft fan site.

Initially I thought the same as you when the original Band complaints started surfacing on Windows Central last year. Having a Band myself, I can see what others are experiencing first hand. Also, was pretty much the same on the official Microsoft support site.

Other lower end fitness devices manufacturers aren't immune from problems either. Remember, these are consumer devices, you know, like toasters. Microsoft has been making these for two years so they'll have teething pains. It would be unrealistic to think they wouldn't. They have lots of smart people and It'll get better with every new gen.

Andrew Fratkin

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine in December last year and wear it full time except for 45 minutes to charge every morning while I shower and get ready for work. I love it, no problems at all. It has a few scuffs on the band if you look closely but I'm pretty rough with mine. Other than the floor and the granite counter-tops, I remodeled my whole kitchen over the winter and never took it off.

Last edited:

ShawnC13

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine Dec 28 and just sent it back last week for a cracked band but a new one is on its way to me now. I wore it all the time. A group of friends all have them and so far 4 out of 6 have been returned for a band splitting no battery issues et just actual strap problems

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been wearing mine day and night since November and haven't experienced any issues yet that a power cycle hasn't resolved. I only take it off to charge, when showering, or if I plan to do some heavy lifting.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
As some other users have mentioned, it's important to put the complaints in proper context (not to diminish those users' problems, of course) - people are far more likely to complain than to praise.

I received my Band 2 for Christmas and have worn it every day since. No evidence of tearing whatsoever, although the shininess of the rubber has worn down in most places. I wear it at night for sleep detection and throughout the day, charging daily during showers or when I'm at home cooking or sitting on the couch. I must confess that I have been lazy since Christmas, though, and have not tested all of the guided workout functionality yet. I have tracked runs. GPS is accurate in the city but takes a minute to lock on. Heart rate during normal activity and sleep seems accurate when worn inside of wrist, but I have read that during strenuous activity it can actually be more accurate worn on the outside (I observed very high heart rate when wearing on the inside of the wrist during runs).

Overall, a good fitness device with some smartwatch features, and I look forward to seeing where Microsoft takes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven