Hey guys, I'm sure you know the Band 2 price is back to $175 for a little while and I think that's great. Definitely a good price, but I know quite a few people just can't swing quite that much (myself included). So I figured I'd ask if anyone has been keeping tabs of the prices over on swappa.com? I recently picked up a used Band 2 in practically mint condition for $100! If that's still too much a first gen band will usually go up here for around $65 or less.

Not sure if you guys know about Swappa, but I figured if you didn't I'd share the low prices Band 2's tend to go for over there :)

Full disclosure: I do work for Swappa, however I'm not trying to advertise or anything I just figured people might like to buy used Band 2's for a significant cut and people list them with us from time to time.

In case you missed the links above I'll leave them here:

Band 2: https://swappa.com/buy/microsoft-ban...pUvbUpU3459375

OG Band: https://swappa.com/buy/microsoft-ban...pUvbUpU3459375
    04-11-2016 09:08 AM
    A second hand device used in potentially sweaty sports/exercise just doesn't do it for me. :)

And Swappa doesn't support a Microsoft Account Login... despite supporting Google, Facebook, Everything else. So they don't seem a Microsoft customer friendly company.

$175 is a great price for a new product. I'd stick with Microsoft Store Official Site - Free Shipping, Free Returns
    04-11-2016 12:07 PM
    I don't disagree that $175 is a great price since my post did say that, and if you have the money for a brand new model absolutely jump on it. My point is that the $175 is temporary and there are still people who can't quite afford to cough up even that much, so if you're like me and know how to clean something that was used before and don't mind a great condition hand me down that you can get them for around $100 depending on the day Swappa is also a great choice.

Not everyone needs their devices to be new and some of us are frugal and will take a few minutes to clean something off if it means we can save $75+.

As for the Microsoft Account Login you are correct, currently it does not but that's not to say it isn't in the works or will never support it. We have plenty of people selling Windows products.
    04-11-2016 03:22 PM
    Looking forward to seeing Microsoft Account support on Swappa along with XDA account... Microsoft Accounts (e.g. Hotmail/Windows), really are quite ubiquitous. Perhaps you'll add it in an interesting way like adding a Windows Hello web login.

Anyway, they are great devices and perhaps someone is looking for a second hand one. Personally, the Microsoft deal of $175 for a new one is very tempting as a replacement for my Band 1 which is now showing its age.

DigitalDK likes this.
    04-11-2016 08:28 PM
    there's a few people on the Band Skype group doing the same thing. they are hoping its going to go down lower
    DigitalDK likes this.
    04-13-2016 08:45 PM
    Originally posted by Brian Gobrecht
    there's a few people on the Band Skype group doing the same thing. they are hoping its going to go down lower
    Is there a Band 2 Telegram group at all? I don't know if Windows users do that for devices kr products. I had one for my 6P before I got my 950 which was replaced with a 950XL.
    04-15-2016 10:14 AM
    Originally posted by realwarder
    Looking forward to seeing Microsoft Account support on Swappa along with XDA account... Microsoft Accounts (e.g. Hotmail/Windows), really are quite ubiquitous. Perhaps you'll add it in an interesting way like adding a Windows Hello web login.

Anyway, they are great devices and perhaps someone is looking for a second hand one. Personally, the Microsoft deal of $175 for a new one is very tempting as a replacement for my Band 1 which is now showing its age.
    We actually do support XDA login :D, on top of that Swappa is the official marketplace of XDA :)

Also I've been in touch with the powers that be and asked about support for Microsoft Account Login it appears it is in the pipeline, however hello login probably won't be in the initial release when ever that may be but I'll be sure to try and press for it. We love our Windows users as much as any other OS, and we want it to be easy for you to login and use our site as well.
    04-15-2016 10:31 AM