Will 10586.218 solve the cortana/keyboard issue?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So now with Build 10586.218 Microsoft promises "Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices." Will this update finally solve the issues with Cortana and Keyboard on the Band? Please share your experiences.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Bluetooth stack may have been fixed!! After upgrading (didn't even reboot my Band 2) I can use the Texting keyboard as well as reply using Cortana speech recognition. Then tried a new voice command (set an alarm for... and remind me when I leave home to get eggs...) and both worked. Whoo Hoo!!

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Keyboard works, voice commands mostly work (still laggy), Groove music plays without stopping, visual voicemail works... Pretty happy camper! Hope it keeps working!

Dr Nerdlove

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Exactly how much of all this crap from Microsoft is everyone going to continue to put up with I wonder?! With all the faffing around with "updates" and workarounds its surprising there's still time left to make use of our devices when on the rare occasions they are actually WORKING :eck: :angry:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Exactly how much of all this crap from Microsoft is everyone going to continue to put up with I wonder?! With all the faffing around with "updates" and workarounds its surprising there's still time left to make use of our devices when on the rare occasions they are actually WORKING :eck: :angry:

Well honestly core things are working fine and I don't need workarounds for core stuff. It's the fluff that's finicky. Core thing to me being syncing fitness data and notifications. Those are the big ones for me, I don't really do the music thing so I can't really speak on that.

Keyboard, cortana control are things I consider fluff things, like I haven't really found myself in a position absolutely needing to use the band keyboard. I've been trying to make voice cortana work in some situations, but since I never had it stably to begin with, I'm not really missing anything yet :) Otherwise, for these fluff things, I'm more making myself try to use them than finding myself needing to use them.

Just cause keyboard and cortana is not working great, does it classify the device as not working? I personally don't think so.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why Microsoft don't care a cuss about Cortana working from band 2 - its realy stupid
I mean all the other band 2 features work so why cant they get Cortana to work - have they lost the skills?

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Band 2 w/ MS 640 & latest production release of Win10m (218) = Cortana using voice work as designed. Keyboard works too. Everything works correct.
Any Redstone version of phone OS & Cortana doesn't work. Other Band 2 functions do in my experience. MS acknowledge this and will eventually get functioning before official Anniversary release.

Dr Nerdlove

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
WillBthr, "eventually get functioning" is just not good enough for most people who just want a phone to WORK. That is why current users of WM10 are leaving the os in their droves and also why potential users wouldn't go anywhere near it in the first place. People simply don't need the unnecessary hassle it causes. They are also living in the here-and-now and aren't going to be patient enough for things to "eventually get functioning" whilst they have alternatives to choose from. Look how many keyboard varieties there are on Android, for example. Your loyalty to Microsoft is touching but I'm afraid savvy consumers in the competitive free-market wont put up with things to the extent that you obviously do. Just how it is.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos