Features/expectations for the next MS band

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There are two MS bands in some markets and it is obvious that some things aren't what they could be.

What features would you like to see in the next MS band? I mean realistic things which are added features or better performance and quality. Or something not directly related to the band but about the band in general

I for one would wish it to be cheaper and available in all markets where windows mobile is sold. I have only seen one MS band in Kenya and that because a tourist came with it

Post below and lets see what users/non users desire

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Wish list:
1) Better battery life. 4-5 days.
2) Windows 10 IoT. They should eat their own dog food. Future of Microsoft right?
3) Improved durability. Goes without saying.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Better HR accuracy. But everyone seems to be struggling with this.) But ability to support a Bluetooth chest strap during exercise would be nice. And water proof enough that you can do swimming with it. (I'm not going to push for scuba diving. Just regular swimming would be fine.)

But I'd also like to see the eco system expanded. Like weight scales and other fitness things to feed MS Health.

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Better HR accuracy. But everyone seems to be struggling with this.) But ability to support a Bluetooth chest strap during exercise would be nice. And water proof enough that you can do swimming with it. (I'm not going to push for scuba diving. Just regular swimming would be fine.)

But I'd also like to see the eco system expanded. Like weight scales and other fitness things to feed MS Health.

Sorry but water resistant enough. But yes I would like to see it being resistant enough to swim with. Would be really nice but that would require getting rid of or putting in a special microphone and barameter. It does have 2 holes on either side.

badbandit

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but water resistant enough. But yes I would like to see it being resistant enough to swim with. Would be really nice but that would require getting rid of or putting in a special microphone and barameter. It does have 2 holes on either side.

there are water resistant smartphones with holes for speaker and mic. so obviously the one thing does not require to change the other.

and yes, enough water resistant for swimming, allowing a bluetooth chest strap, an api for smart scales, a strap which is less wide (like band 1) and sub tiles which can be moved to the main tiles (like a faster accessible timer - and a virtual rest button for the timer) would be very welcome.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Made from the toughest material possible seeing as so many people can, apparently, break the thing!

would it help if the belt was like in metallic watches? with the metallic straps? I like those instead of rubber/leather as they never break. Or would that interfere with the working of the band?

Marsamver

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps some way to replace the straps similar to a lot of the fitbit range with different colours and materials with increased durability.
and yes, more data from other devices and sensors, scales etc.
Better links to calorie intake and data from other partners to sync to MS Health app, (fatsecret / myfitness etc)
More ways in the app to view different graphs
Ideally some way to be social with fitbit and others, but unlikely. . . . unless MS bought them :)

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
there are water resistant smartphones with holes for speaker and mic. so obviously the one thing does not require to change the other.

and yes, enough water resistant for swimming, allowing a bluetooth chest strap, an api for smart scales, a strap which is less wide (like band 1) and sub tiles which can be moved to the main tiles (like a faster accessible timer - and a virtual rest button for the timer) would be very welcome.

The Phones (galaxy series my dad has one) you're talking about have special protection like sponges things around the case to be resistant up the the specified protected levels according to the safety manuals. I'm pretty sure but i haven't seen the take aparts in a while that the band doesn't have the special barrier it has a sponge thing protecting it but nothing special.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion