Battery Not Charging After Update?

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Battery Not Charging After Update

I just updated my health app/band 2 last night to the most up to date software which includes the explore tile and it seems as if my band won't charge any longer. Is there anyone else who is experiencing this? This particular band 2 is about 1 month old. I have tried charging straight from the wall and from the computer, both locations that have charged my band as recently as yesterday. Thanks in advance.

Jim

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
With battery low and no idea whether I would be able to do it again, I did a factory reset on the Band 2 to see if that would fix things. It has had the opposite effect, and it looks like the band may be bricked. All I have is the battery charging icon, and occasionally a blue blip from the left side, as if it was beginning to reset, but couldn't get past the initial boot. I guess I will take it to the MS Store tonight if I can.

Jim

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was able to unbrick it using the Microsoft Band Sync App. However, it looks like it is still not taking a charge. So I will probably still have to go to the store tonight.

Jim

jmilkey

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I took the band in to the Microsoft Store and they replaced it. The update is on the new band and it is charging, so it looks like it may have been a battery failure that had nothing to do with the update.
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro