MS Band 2 - Which fitness app for running instead of MS Health?!

publicpash

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

i bought a MS Band 2 on my last trip to NY 2 Weeks ago. I'm very satisfied, nice gimmick!

The only problem is Runtastic. I use Runtastic since 5 years to track my runs. So there is a bunch of data in it.
I find no way to run the MS Band 2 with Runtastic. This produces the following questions arise for me:

1. Which fitness portal/app is recommended in connection with the Band 2? What do you use? Which service work in perfect harmony with the band 2?
Strava, RunKeeper, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness,... I know nothing about that, I had never used another app for fitness except runtastic.
Important for me: I want to use a portal/app, that most tracker supported! I do not want to come back in this situation, if the hardware is eventually replaced.

2. How do I get the data from Runtastic in the new portal/app ?

I really need your help :)
btw: Sorry for my bad english!

greetz from Germany,
pp

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Although I'm not really a runner (cyclist mostly), I believe either RunKeeper or Strava would be your best bet to partner with the Band. Either one seems to work pretty well, but I've used RunKeeper more. As far as getting your Runtastic data into MS Health, I don't think you can. About the best you can do is tie it in to MS Health Vault. I'm not sure if you can do it natively through Runtastic. You might have to use a syncing service like Tapiriik to do it.

However, it looks like it might be fairly easy to export your Runtastic history into Strava, at least it looks that way from googling it. Then it might be possible to export from Strava to Runkeeper, if you prefer that.

I'd recommend giving both Strava and Runkeeper a test drive.....er, run....and see which one you prefer. Then you can investigate migrating your history from Runtastic. I know it all seems pretty confusing, and that's because it is! Nobody wants to make it too easy to use a competitor's app.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Which fitness portal/app is recommended in connection with the Band 2? What do you use? Which service work in perfect harmony with the band 2?

MS Health is the official mobile app that syncs to Band 2. I don't know as there's any other app that will sync directly. I think they all talk to Health.

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Most have one way synchronisation.... From health app to..... But not other way

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos