Concept UI: I think it's time for Microsoft Health to be taken to the next level.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
After having the Band 2 single-handedly resolve all the issues I had with the OG Band, I got pretty hyped when I heard that we'd be getting social integration on our Band since integration in everything else was so half-hearted that I was left craving something native that took me back to the glory days of Nike+.

Almost on queue, MSFT followed up the arrival of Bandsider with their social integration... and it was very... lite. Not very much detail we can share, no ability to see when people started a run/ride so we could cheer them on or comment, it only worked between Facebook contacts (which is weird since Microsoft has tons of accounts within their own ecosystem they could've simply extended this to), and there was no major change in the UI on Microsoft Health to emphasize social features. All the stuff I want to see like my position in a challenge or the step leaderboard is all concealed, and there's so much wasted space that it seems like they were trying to create a driving UI.

So I put together a concept of what I envisioned a *new* Microsoft Health would be like.
Problems.jpg
Solution.jpg

I haven't quite figured out how I'd have liked to see an activity feed integrated, but this is very close to what I'd be happy seeing when I fire up Microsoft Health. I plan on taking it to UserVoice if the reception here is positive.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Lesson 1: How to make a clean interface unusable.
Sorry, i can imagine some improvements but not this way.
Do you have any specific input for what you think makes this unusable (wider color scheme too polarizing, opposition to the smaller tile sizes, etc)? I basically took the content hidden under the social tile and expanded upon it, while finding that there was so much unused space in our current Health app that one column could become two without even having to challenge readability by down-scaling content - I personally thought that the unused space seemed impractical since users would be running, hiking, playing sports or biking instead of driving where you really do want to have large tiles for safety - did you see value in that unused space or something?

I'm more than open to constructive criticism as long as it is constructive, and even hope to revise this before taking it to my tech site or UserVoice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb