04-12-2017 01:41 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    also, I never had any tearing issues on mine (like some are saying) - had mine about 6 months or so.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-15-2016 12:22 PM
    I am on my second, the screen developed a crack within the first week, after i bought it in January, I was able to get it replaced, despite MS crappy policy, however since then, its been sweet, used all day every day, I work out every day too.

I only take it off when I am doing tricep push ups, simply because I fear it could crack the screen under that kind of pressure. (I have heard of peoples cracking...) But when i am using all other weights, cardio, etc, I dont worry about it.

I do not even bother with screen protector, I just use some standard clear tape, and it fits like a glove, if the tape gets scratched i simply replace it easy. I have tried several screen protectors, but they always start to peel. Total cost 0

Otherwise i never take it off except to wipe it, charge it, or shower. But screens in 100% condition, strap looks a little scuffed through wear but otherwise not bad at all.

I actually have more trouble with my phone than the band.
    Chintan Gohel and 11B1P like this.
    07-18-2016 06:07 PM
    Am about to go get my fourth Band 2 since buying it December 2015. 2 have split at the rubber near the clasp. This last one lasted about 6 weeks lol. The screen no longer functions, along with rubber strap tear... Awful Awful materials. I had the Band 1 for over a year and had to get that replaced twice. Luckily the MS Store is a 15 min drive away from work.
    07-19-2016 11:47 AM
    Sad day today, I was going to get my 3rd band due to battery not charging. They were out of the Large, so they gave me a full refund plus the Complete Care cost. The store rep didn't hesitate, and it was clear by her attitude, they have lots of issues.

Guess I will wait for the Band 3!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-19-2016 03:40 PM
    And it looks like I'll be getting my 3rd too after battery got to 2%, left it charging for an hour and came back to it not holding the charge. Exact same issue I had with my first one. I haven't had any issues with the band splitting or cracking and I don't baby the thing. I don't want any thing else that's on the market, but this is frustrating. My original Band had no problems and to this day the person I gave it to says it's fine.
    Band 3, yeah I'll probably bite, but only because the battery for this next Band 2 will have died around that time.
    07-20-2016 09:30 AM
    Anyone heard of a class action lawsuit for these?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    07-20-2016 10:30 AM
    Probably can't sue, if they are giving everyone back their money.
    Chintan Gohel and Polychrome like this.
    07-20-2016 02:54 PM
    Could everyone who had probelms with their band, share the lot numbers on ur box please. I am planning to buy one. A report claims that if the lot number is 1608 or higher, its good.
    07-22-2016 03:25 PM
    I would but returned it after 4 other returns. Ridiculous
    07-22-2016 08:20 PM
    After having 3 Band 2s die on me, I returned to Amazon for a full refund. Thought I would mention here for others who might be interested how great Amazon's customer service was. With no questions asked they offered a full refund on a product that was broken and I had purchased from them in October 2015, and they processed that refund before they even received the return shipment. I'm now on the fence between waiting for the Band 3 and buying the Garmin vivoactive HR.
    07-24-2016 01:37 PM
    Still on my first Band 2. I've been wearing it daily since December with no real issues.
    My Band 1 lasted eleven months until I could no longer reliably get a good connection with the charging pins. I went to the Microsoft store and they gave me a Band 2 no questions asked (I had Microsoft Protect).

Posted from my Nexus 5X
    07-25-2016 11:54 PM
    Today a 1mm crack/split appeared on mine. Will wait till it will increase and will try to get replacement or refund... Will see how it will be easy to do (bought from MS online store in UK).
    Used the band ~15h a day for 6 months for sleep tracking, sports and when at home. Using phone to track steps during work time and off home...
    07-26-2016 02:41 AM
    I'm on my 4th. First 2 showed dead battery syndrome. wouldn't take charge and would reset if you move the rubber strap around. I guess broken wires inside.

3rd has rubber casing tear on it under the rubber surface.

Microsoft store just replaced them no questions asked once i figured out how to reproduce the problems real fast.
    07-26-2016 01:50 PM
    if the splits are in the 'common' region just to either side of the screen and its in warranty then you just go to the support website, register the issue, they will approve immediately and you will get a DHL label to print. The device ships back to Germany from UK, and the outward courier service is not next day (though the inward one is). Its a relatively easy and quick service (given there are no local stores). One thing, they tell you to take the package to a DHL dropoff point - you can actually book a collection via the DHL website with the shipping number from the label.
    07-27-2016 08:00 AM
    Anyone heard of a class action lawsuit for these?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    You're seriously going to try suing a company for owning up to its issues?

I'd understand if they were going "too bad so sad" on all of these, but they're replacing or refunding without fuss.

I think whatever the next iteration of the MS band is should have a user-replaceable strap. They've got to be spending tons and tons of money on this.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-27-2016 02:10 PM
    I must be lucky so far, got mine for Christmas and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-28-2016 08:29 AM
    Today a 1mm crack/split appeared on mine. Will wait till it will increase and will try to get replacement or refund... Will see how it will be easy to do (bought from MS online store in UK).
    Used the band ~15h a day for 6 months for sleep tracking, sports and when at home. Using phone to track steps during work time and off home...
    Today received UPS label - sending for exchange.
    07-28-2016 09:08 AM
    I've been very cautious but didn't manage more than 8 months. Both cracked band and sudden power drop the same day... Sent it back yesterday; very curious what I'll get back.
    07-28-2016 10:39 AM
    I must be lucky so far, got mine for Christmas and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
    Sounds like me. No issues, no cracks, no battery issues. Wear it daily 24/7, cardio, weights, body weight exercises, and biking.
    07-28-2016 03:08 PM
    I'm being sent my fifth replacement now since April. Absolute waste of money. I used Band 1 for 8 months without any issues with 2 days of battery. Band 2 won't work for more than a few hours without having to place it on the charger, just to see it still has battery left in it.
    07-28-2016 04:23 PM
    Quick update. So I returned the dead Band 2 for a new one over the weekend AND since they are currently on sale I actually got money back. I think I read where the sale is till the end of July so if you need to swap it out I'd do so now.
    07-29-2016 09:57 AM
    I'm still on my first, no tearing or other physical problems. I treat mine pretty harshly too: mountain biking, gym, etc. I don't sleep with mine however.
    07-29-2016 10:42 AM
    Originally posted by Jason Burroughs1
    Just wondering how many replacements people are up to on the Band 2?
    I'm on my 4th band. 1st quit after 4 months--a sensor fell off. 2nd quit in 30 days--the display would light only for a fraction of a second. 3rd quit after 4 months--again, a sensor fell off--same one as the 1st band!!
    08-02-2016 06:45 PM
    I bought my band 2 in October 2015. It failed and all it would do was show one small white light in the bottom corner. That was about 3 months into it. Second unit lasted about 2 months and then the wrist band cracked. The third unit lasted about 2.5 months and then the wrist band cracked again. I gave up at that point and called Microsoft and they had me go to the store, which is local, and they gave me a full refund from my original purchase. I miss it a lot but these things lacked any kind of good quality. Hopefully they come out with something better.
    08-17-2016 10:44 AM
    Wife and I are both on our second bands - pre-ordered the day they were announced. Mine has stopped charging altogether. Hers charges fine on the cable, so I'm confident its the band and not the cable. Pretty unfortunate since we both absolutely love the utility of the device. I'll stop by the store today and hope they have a replacement unit. If not I assume I'll be getting a refund and will try the Gear Fit 2.
    08-17-2016 12:11 PM
130 12345 ...