How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

Jason Burroughs1

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering how many replacements people are up to on the Band 2? My 5th Band has just died. Yet again the band is just shutting off in the middle of the day at least 50% charged. It is only 2 weeks old. The one i had before was D.O.A. out of the box from a Microsoft Store. I was stupid and did not try it on in the store. So the next time I was there I made them set it up. So when I was in there replacing another guy came in withe the same problem and one Store tech said quietly to another that it was like the 100th that week. That was around the same time of the new firmware though.

I really love the microsoft stores but they are an hour away, and it is 14days for a replacement from microsoft directly. Uggh very frustrating. :angry: LOL

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got my first replacement after having my original Band 2 for 7 months. Replaced because of the issue you mentioned. The replacement arrived without a charging cable. They sent me a cable to arrive today, but I went and purchased a cable at Best Buy so I could use the Band again.

So far, the battery in the replacement unit seems like it is draining fast. It arrived completely dead. It had to sit on the charger about 30 minutes before I could actually use it. I got a low battery warning after about 12 hours from a full charge on its first day of use with no exercise tracking. I pulled it off the charger with 91% charge last night, woke up 7 hours later, and it was down to 50%. This one might be going back for another replacement soon.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've only had to replace mine once, so far. I had the splitting band issue... hopefully it doesn't happen again until the Band 2's with the thicker band are more readily in the market.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Just sent my third Band2 in for cracked band Nate did you receive your replacement with the new thicker shiny band? I hope I get one of the new Band2 replacement with the upgraded Band.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Nah, don't think so. This was a couple of months ago. I'm just hoping this one will hold out until B3 gets released......if it does.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my first replacement after having my original Band 2 for 7 months. Replaced because of the issue you mentioned. The replacement arrived without a charging cable. They sent me a cable to arrive today, but I went and purchased a cable at Best Buy so I could use the Band again.

So far, the battery in the replacement unit seems like it is draining fast. It arrived completely dead. It had to sit on the charger about 30 minutes before I could actually use it. I got a low battery warning after about 12 hours from a full charge on its first day of use with no exercise tracking. I pulled it off the charger with 91% charge last night, woke up 7 hours later, and it was down to 50%. This one might be going back for another replacement soon.

What battery life are other people seeing? I just got my Band 2 and it barely lasts a day. My Band 1 lasted 2.. It didn't arrive dead though so it sounds much more healthy than your description.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
What battery life are other people seeing? I just got my Band 2 and it barely lasts a day. My Band 1 lasted 2.. It didn't arrive dead though so it sounds much more healthy than your description.

A day, maybe a day and a half if I'm lucky. I charge it at night. (Obviously I don't use it to track my sleep.) That said, I used to charge it while getting ready for work in the morning. Usually gave me enough juice to get through the day.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Man I'm scared to replace mine. Tech offered me to come back as he said he could tell mine will tear as the part 3/4" away from the screen is starting to show through.

I'm quite happy that with mine I feel I can do a day and a half easily. It would typically include a 1 hr workout, watch mode on rotate, bunch of notifications, sleep tracking. The most I really ever do for charging is during a shower. Sometimes I run it dead and often that's the only time I would give it a really full charge.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Technically only one.

Thought my Band 2 I got on launch stopped charging. Turns out the cable was just bad. MS replaced it anyway. Then, more recently it got in this habit of dying between 80%~90%... which it just mysteriously stopped doing.

So yeah, one replacement. And I've seen no less than 2 days per charge.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For those lucky enough to use the band 1, did it also have these issues? Or was it better?

I get the feeling that in the rush to release new devices last year, they released the band 2 too early

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Around a day and a half with Bluetooth enabled. Usually top off the battery for an hour a day and it gets through the da (and night) perfectly well. Bought 2 months ago from the Sydney store, no problems so far

ATAcapt

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I was on my fifth replacement for the Band 1 when the Band 2 came out. I gave the Band 1 to my son and it is still working just fine. I am on my second Band 2. The first one just died for no apparent reason.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was on my fifth replacement for the Band 1 when the Band 2 came out. I gave the Band 1 to my son and it is still working just fine. I am on my second Band 2. The first one just died for no apparent reason.

So from your case, the band 1 was also of poor quality. Kind of glad to see it didn't come to so many countries

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since mid-December. Not a single issue. I wear it every day, work out 5 days a week and get, pretty close to, 2 days battery life.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

My first Band 2 would get approximately 30 hours of normal use with sleep tracking and using the "rotate on" watch mode. When I wasn't doing any exercise tracking, I could get by with plugging it in for about 20 minutes while getting ready for work in the morning, and then letting it get a full charge every 3 days or so. When tracking exercise, I would usually have enough battery for an activity after work, then plug it for a full charge after I get home.

The replacement is lasting about 13 hours on a full charge. By the time I get off work, I have to charge it in my car on the way home if I want to track any type of workout. Yesterday I took it off the charger with a full charge at 8:00 AM and got a low battery warning at 8:30 PM without tracking any activity. I took it off the charger around midnight last night with a full charge. I didn't use sleep tracking, but it still drained to 59% by the time I woke up at 7:00 AM.

I'm going to check with my local store today to see if they have the smalls back in stock. Otherwise, I'll have to stick with this poor battery performance until after my vacation next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb