How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Still on my first Band 2. I've been wearing it daily since December with no real issues.
My Band 1 lasted eleven months until I could no longer reliably get a good connection with the charging pins. I went to the Microsoft store and they gave me a Band 2 no questions asked (I had Microsoft Protect).

Posted from my Nexus 5X

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Today a 1mm crack/split appeared on mine. Will wait till it will increase and will try to get replacement or refund... Will see how it will be easy to do (bought from MS online store in UK).
Used the band ~15h a day for 6 months for sleep tracking, sports and when at home. Using phone to track steps during work time and off home...

flacoman91_mndd

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 4th. First 2 showed dead battery syndrome. wouldn't take charge and would reset if you move the rubber strap around. I guess broken wires inside.

3rd has rubber casing tear on it under the rubber surface.

Microsoft store just replaced them no questions asked once i figured out how to reproduce the problems real fast.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
if the splits are in the 'common' region just to either side of the screen and its in warranty then you just go to the support website, register the issue, they will approve immediately and you will get a DHL label to print. The device ships back to Germany from UK, and the outward courier service is not next day (though the inward one is). Its a relatively easy and quick service (given there are no local stores). One thing, they tell you to take the package to a DHL dropoff point - you can actually book a collection via the DHL website with the shipping number from the label.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone heard of a class action lawsuit for these?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

You're seriously going to try suing a company for owning up to its issues?

I'd understand if they were going "too bad so sad" on all of these, but they're replacing or refunding without fuss.

I think whatever the next iteration of the MS band is should have a user-replaceable strap. They've got to be spending tons and tons of money on this.

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Today a 1mm crack/split appeared on mine. Will wait till it will increase and will try to get replacement or refund... Will see how it will be easy to do (bought from MS online store in UK).
Used the band ~15h a day for 6 months for sleep tracking, sports and when at home. Using phone to track steps during work time and off home...

Today received UPS label - sending for exchange.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been very cautious but didn't manage more than 8 months. Both cracked band and sudden power drop the same day... Sent it back yesterday; very curious what I'll get back.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I must be lucky so far, got mine for Christmas and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Sounds like me. No issues, no cracks, no battery issues. Wear it daily 24/7, cardio, weights, body weight exercises, and biking.

Geordie Glazer

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm being sent my fifth replacement now since April. Absolute waste of money. I used Band 1 for 8 months without any issues with 2 days of battery. Band 2 won't work for more than a few hours without having to place it on the charger, just to see it still has battery left in it.

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Quick update. So I returned the dead Band 2 for a new one over the weekend AND since they are currently on sale I actually got money back. I think I read where the sale is till the end of July so if you need to swap it out I'd do so now.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on my first, no tearing or other physical problems. I treat mine pretty harshly too: mountain biking, gym, etc. I don't sleep with mine however.

jmullins74

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I bought my band 2 in October 2015. It failed and all it would do was show one small white light in the bottom corner. That was about 3 months into it. Second unit lasted about 2 months and then the wrist band cracked. The third unit lasted about 2.5 months and then the wrist band cracked again. I gave up at that point and called Microsoft and they had me go to the store, which is local, and they gave me a full refund from my original purchase. I miss it a lot but these things lacked any kind of good quality. Hopefully they come out with something better.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Wife and I are both on our second bands - pre-ordered the day they were announced. Mine has stopped charging altogether. Hers charges fine on the cable, so I'm confident its the band and not the cable. Pretty unfortunate since we both absolutely love the utility of the device. I'll stop by the store today and hope they have a replacement unit. If not I assume I'll be getting a refund and will try the Gear Fit 2.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Just got my 2nd replacement (3rd overall) B2.

In both cases, it just died. Have not had any strap split issue but I wear it loosely.

I have a Microsoft store at the nearest mall and all I can say is that they are great about simply replacing Band. No muss or fuss. They just swap it out.

My B1 lasted 9 months until the rubber started to peel completely from the strap and the battery section and was replaced. Once B2 came out I bought it and lasted about 6 months before the first failure. The second unit lasted about 4 months. Hope I don't have to deal with it again.

Rgodel

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
4th one here :eck:
First 2 suffered from 'Band-Splitting'
3rd one suffered from the well-documented "Thinks the Battery is Dead" problem.
All were replaced via online support.
I'm lucky to have 'Microsoft Complete'.
Hopefully they fix this issue with B3 and if my B2's keep failing that they offer something to keep my loyalty.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
another one bites the dust, this one lasted longer tho, not even sure what number im at 4-5. It sucks that I cant get it exchanged at my local store either i have to wait 1-2 weeks

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Well they didn't have a large replacement unit so I went with store credit. Going to give the Garmin Vivosmart HR+ a try. I'll definitely miss a lot of the features of the Band 2, but not prepared to buy another one given the perceived quality issues I have with the Band 2. This will be the first time I'm not consistently wearing a Microsoft Band on my wrist since the release of the OG Band.

As an aside, I'm still a huge MSFT fan but went w/ the S7 over the 950 (previously had 920, 1020 and 1520) and now going with a non MSFT wearable. I guess their shift to a focus on the enterprise is something I'm feeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett