How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am about to be on my 6th unfortunately 3 breaks and 2 with the not charging issue which is occurring now unfortunately after a relatively good day of running yesterday almost 20k. I love the product but feel I can't really enjoy it from replacing it so much thank goodness for the bestbuy replacement plan. Only issue is now the local store is out of stock.

Just noticed a split yet again so this will be my 7th :( never had this issue with fitbit, I wish they would just partner with fitbit and get a quality device out with the sensors and such.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my first Band 2. The first one lasted about 10 months before I had the wrist band tear issue. My main exercise is swimming, which means I don't subject my Band to any severe exercise (obviously don't wear it while swimming), so I was surprised when I woke up one morning and it was torn. Anyway, the process went fairly smoothly and they replaced it. I still had the original Band and so fired that one up while I waited on my replacement Band 2. I will say that while it was nice to have a backup device, I do like the Band 2 much better. So far, the replacement is working "okay", but I do feel like it occasionally does a very slight "bzzzz" that doesn't seem to be for any reason. It is not the normal notification buzz, so not sure if it is my imagination or just a little issue. It also doesn't seem to communicate as well with my phone like the previous one did as I don't seem to be getting my text and email notifications in a timely manner. They are on my phone, but don't move over to the Band 2. It's as if I need to manually sync vs an automatic thing. The other odd thing is that my Band 2 "name" listed on the Band is different from the name that my phone says it is hooked up to. How could that be? I tried to connect to the correct name, but says not available. Very odd.

If I've been reading things correctly, it sounds like there may not be a Band 3, which is disappointing as I really like my Band 2.....when it is working.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Eddie Mendoza
Ive replaced mine 3 times for the strap splitting. Even switched from a L to a M in order to have it on less tight and had to replace that one in less time than the 2 previous L ones

I'm on my fourth, and went form a M to a S due to weight loss. Since the local MS kiosk has closed I have to drive an hour to get to the closest store for warranty same day replacement. All four were replaced due to the band splitting (go go gadget electrical tape,) and eventually the unit failing to display and/or charge.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Onto my third Band 2 today! I'm optimistic about this.

I'll likely be disappointed. But, truth be told, I'm very rarely disappointed in the customer service I receive at the Microsoft Store.

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am on my 2nd Band2 because of the splitting issue, and the second one split the other day. Will the Microsoft Store allow me to return it for my money or do I have to get a replacement? I'd rather get my money back at this point. I do not want to have to deal with returning a band every six months.

Clem2k3

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had 4 band 2s, 2 failed to splitting, 2 failed to charging issue. In addition to 2 band 1s that both rusted!

It wouldn't be such a problem if we had stores, but in the UK we have to post it to Germany and it takes over a week to get a replacement (usually brand new but not always). When I was looking up previous replacements I found that only my first band 2 lasted more than 2 months. This is frankly ridiculous! So I asked for a refund and I have bought a Surge, which isnt nearly as good and isnt comfortable and I miss notifications. In the absence of a Band 3, and without any future hope on Lumias, I think this might be time to jump ship and get an Moto360 sport and possibly that new Pixel phone.

Its such a shame, the ideas Microsoft come up with are really good but the execution is always flawed in so many small ways and then they bail before bothering to fix it! Much frustrated

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just had my 3rd Band start splitting, going to head to the MS store tomorrow to get a replacement. This one lasted a couple months. Oh well, it looks like they won't be making another device although I do like it a lot.

Skell84

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I am in the process of returning my 3rd band! All the same issues with the battery.

What i want to know is what happens when the warranty expires? We have all just spent a few hundred pounds on a rubber bracelet!

When i quoted the UK consumer act i was told to go to arbitration - which is for USA customers only!! USELESS!!

Does anyone know if there is a UK appeals/complaint process? :angry:

Clem2k3

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I am in the process of returning my 3rd band! All the same issues with the battery.

What i want to know is what happens when the warranty expires? We have all just spent a few hundred pounds on a rubber bracelet!

When i quoted the UK consumer act i was told to go to arbitration - which is for USA customers only!! USELESS!!

Does anyone know if there is a UK appeals/complaint process? :angry:

Yeah thats why I went for a refund, warranty is nearly up and they have no more Larges for sale so how long can they keep replacing them. Combined with losing it for a week or two each time ... its really not a good experience.

I am UK based and I got a refund for it. I purchased through the MS store so if you did that you can speak to the store customer services. For any other retailer, speak to your retailer.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep! I think I was on my 5th Band 2 which then failed. All were due to the battery dead issue. Returned last one for a refund. MS store was always accommodating. Good news is I used the refund to get a 950 XL for a good price on eBay so I am net ahead. Now with the Band 3 in doubt it's another Microsoft blunder... So Microsoft made a good but unreliable product; management sees big losses because of all the warrantee claims; instead of getting it right on the next version, MS cancels the line.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I still keeping thinking there is some usage trait is cause for some people like me to get 4x replacements while others are fine. Maybe we just are un-lucky. I do change typically daily, because I use gps for bike commute, also subjects it to more vibration that typical, at least when mountain biking. Another possible trait I thought is that I wear the band with the screen out. That leaves the clasp hitting against surfaces a lot as I work. Wondering if others in the group are screen in or screen out people?

Screen in.

Strap on mine is fine, but I noticed the other day my HR sensor has stopped. I had noticed a month or so ago my sleep readings weren't accurate. I realize now that was when the HR sensor was starting to go bad. I've had it since before Christmas.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed a split yet again so this will be my 7th :( never had this issue with fitbit, I wish they would just partner with fitbit and get a quality device out with the sensors and such.

I've looked at both the Surge and the Blaze, but the lack of full notifications on the Surge and the lack of built-in GPS on the Blaze, are deal breakers for me. The Band does everything I need it to do. You just can't find a Fitbit that does everything the B2 does.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my first Band 2. The first one lasted about 10 months before I had the wrist band tear issue. My main exercise is swimming, which means I don't subject my Band to any severe exercise (obviously don't wear it while swimming), so I was surprised when I woke up one morning and it was torn. Anyway, the process went fairly smoothly and they replaced it. I still had the original Band and so fired that one up while I waited on my replacement Band 2. I will say that while it was nice to have a backup device, I do like the Band 2 much better. So far, the replacement is working "okay", but I do feel like it occasionally does a very slight "bzzzz" that doesn't seem to be for any reason. It is not the normal notification buzz, so not sure if it is my imagination or just a little issue. It also doesn't seem to communicate as well with my phone like the previous one did as I don't seem to be getting my text and email notifications in a timely manner. They are on my phone, but don't move over to the Band 2. It's as if I need to manually sync vs an automatic thing. The other odd thing is that my Band 2 "name" listed on the Band is different from the name that my phone says it is hooked up to. How could that be? I tried to connect to the correct name, but says not available. Very odd.

If I've been reading things correctly, it sounds like there may not be a Band 3, which is disappointing as I really like my Band 2.....when it is working.

I notice some of my text message notifications don't always come through or are delayed. I also had an issue where I couldn't turn on some tiles in the Band app. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, issue solved.

Frank Lai1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck replacing their split band 2? I've called several Microsoft store, including the NY flagship store and none have any smalls in stock. Has Microsoft gotten rid of all their stock?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck replacing their split band 2? I've called several Microsoft store, including the NY flagship store and none have any smalls in stock. Has Microsoft gotten rid of all their stock?

I went to a store in the Chicago land area last week. They were out of larges. I got the last medium they had in the store. I don't know if they had smalls. But this news broke today.

Microsoft Band 2 no longer being sold at Microsoft Store sites, no Band 3 coming in 2016 | Windows Central

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got my third. My second one lasted since January but the strap split today. I went to the MS store and they swapped it out no questions asked. They didn't ask for a receipt or anything else. I hope this one lasts a while.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got my second. My first started to split after 9 months (usually wear it while sleeping). Hoping this lasts...or if it breaks again, I hope it's before the warranty runs out.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just swapped to my 4th one iin a less less than one year. The MS store swapped it no problem. I didn't see any Bands out for sale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention