04-12-2017 12:41 PM
130 123 ...
tools
    Just wondering how many replacements people are up to on the Band 2? My 5th Band has just died. Yet again the band is just shutting off in the middle of the day at least 50% charged. It is only 2 weeks old. The one i had before was D.O.A. out of the box from a Microsoft Store. I was stupid and did not try it on in the store. So the next time I was there I made them set it up. So when I was in there replacing another guy came in withe the same problem and one Store tech said quietly to another that it was like the 100th that week. That was around the same time of the new firmware though.

I really love the microsoft stores but they are an hour away, and it is 14days for a replacement from microsoft directly. Uggh very frustrating. LOL
    06-23-2016 02:25 PM
    I just got my first replacement after having my original Band 2 for 7 months. Replaced because of the issue you mentioned. The replacement arrived without a charging cable. They sent me a cable to arrive today, but I went and purchased a cable at Best Buy so I could use the Band again.

So far, the battery in the replacement unit seems like it is draining fast. It arrived completely dead. It had to sit on the charger about 30 minutes before I could actually use it. I got a low battery warning after about 12 hours from a full charge on its first day of use with no exercise tracking. I pulled it off the charger with 91% charge last night, woke up 7 hours later, and it was down to 50%. This one might be going back for another replacement soon.
    06-23-2016 04:01 PM
    I've only had to replace mine once, so far. I had the splitting band issue... hopefully it doesn't happen again until the Band 2's with the thicker band are more readily in the market.
    06-23-2016 04:04 PM
    Replaced once with the split strap syndrome. So far (knocks wood) this one is holding up well....and I don't baby it either.
    06-23-2016 06:13 PM
    Just sent my third Band2 in for cracked band Nate did you receive your replacement with the new thicker shiny band? I hope I get one of the new Band2 replacement with the upgraded Band.
    06-23-2016 06:28 PM
    Nah, don't think so. This was a couple of months ago. I'm just hoping this one will hold out until B3 gets released......if it does.
    06-23-2016 06:52 PM
    I am still on my first band 2 and I have had it several months with no cracking of the band
    06-23-2016 06:56 PM
    Its been replaced once after an split. No problems with the battery in either my previous nor my new one.... so far.
    06-24-2016 06:21 AM
    Haven't replaced mine yet. Maybe I'm not working out hard enough. :)
    anthonyng and gwinegarden like this.
    06-24-2016 03:33 PM
    I just got my first replacement after having my original Band 2 for 7 months. Replaced because of the issue you mentioned. The replacement arrived without a charging cable. They sent me a cable to arrive today, but I went and purchased a cable at Best Buy so I could use the Band again.

So far, the battery in the replacement unit seems like it is draining fast. It arrived completely dead. It had to sit on the charger about 30 minutes before I could actually use it. I got a low battery warning after about 12 hours from a full charge on its first day of use with no exercise tracking. I pulled it off the charger with 91% charge last night, woke up 7 hours later, and it was down to 50%. This one might be going back for another replacement soon.
    What battery life are other people seeing? I just got my Band 2 and it barely lasts a day. My Band 1 lasted 2.. It didn't arrive dead though so it sounds much more healthy than your description.
    06-24-2016 04:31 PM
    What battery life are other people seeing? I just got my Band 2 and it barely lasts a day. My Band 1 lasted 2.. It didn't arrive dead though so it sounds much more healthy than your description.
    A day, maybe a day and a half if I'm lucky. I charge it at night. (Obviously I don't use it to track my sleep.) That said, I used to charge it while getting ready for work in the morning. Usually gave me enough juice to get through the day.
    06-24-2016 04:40 PM
    Man I'm scared to replace mine. Tech offered me to come back as he said he could tell mine will tear as the part 3/4" away from the screen is starting to show through.

I'm quite happy that with mine I feel I can do a day and a half easily. It would typically include a 1 hr workout, watch mode on rotate, bunch of notifications, sleep tracking. The most I really ever do for charging is during a shower. Sometimes I run it dead and often that's the only time I would give it a really full charge.
    06-24-2016 05:27 PM
    Technically only one.

Thought my Band 2 I got on launch stopped charging. Turns out the cable was just bad. MS replaced it anyway. Then, more recently it got in this habit of dying between 80%~90%... which it just mysteriously stopped doing.

So yeah, one replacement. And I've seen no less than 2 days per charge.
    WharncliffeOwl likes this.
    06-24-2016 08:32 PM
    For those lucky enough to use the band 1, did it also have these issues? Or was it better?

I get the feeling that in the rush to release new devices last year, they released the band 2 too early
    06-25-2016 12:21 AM
    Around a day and a half with Bluetooth enabled. Usually top off the battery for an hour a day and it gets through the da (and night) perfectly well. Bought 2 months ago from the Sydney store, no problems so far
    06-25-2016 03:51 AM
    I was on my fifth replacement for the Band 1 when the Band 2 came out. I gave the Band 1 to my son and it is still working just fine. I am on my second Band 2. The first one just died for no apparent reason.
    06-25-2016 06:00 AM
    I was on my fifth replacement for the Band 1 when the Band 2 came out. I gave the Band 1 to my son and it is still working just fine. I am on my second Band 2. The first one just died for no apparent reason.
    So from your case, the band 1 was also of poor quality. Kind of glad to see it didn't come to so many countries
    06-25-2016 06:36 AM
    I've had mine since mid-December. Not a single issue. I wear it every day, work out 5 days a week and get, pretty close to, 2 days battery life.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-25-2016 08:08 AM
    Release date- replaced mine once, gf has replaced hers 3 times.
    06-25-2016 11:40 AM
    My first Band 2 would get approximately 30 hours of normal use with sleep tracking and using the "rotate on" watch mode. When I wasn't doing any exercise tracking, I could get by with plugging it in for about 20 minutes while getting ready for work in the morning, and then letting it get a full charge every 3 days or so. When tracking exercise, I would usually have enough battery for an activity after work, then plug it for a full charge after I get home.

The replacement is lasting about 13 hours on a full charge. By the time I get off work, I have to charge it in my car on the way home if I want to track any type of workout. Yesterday I took it off the charger with a full charge at 8:00 AM and got a low battery warning at 8:30 PM without tracking any activity. I took it off the charger around midnight last night with a full charge. I didn't use sleep tracking, but it still drained to 59% by the time I woke up at 7:00 AM.

I'm going to check with my local store today to see if they have the smalls back in stock. Otherwise, I'll have to stick with this poor battery performance until after my vacation next week.
    06-28-2016 09:51 AM
    I now get a good 24 hours from mine and actually when I asked this I was getting less. I think with a brand new Band it takes a while for the battery to settle in.
    06-28-2016 10:41 AM
    I got a new-in-box exchange at my local store today. I think my previous warranty replacement was a poorly done refurbishing job based on the battery being completely dead when it arrived and the fact that the retail box didn't contain a charging cable.

Hopefully, the battery life on this new replacement will be closer to the original purchase, but I've been reading complaints that recent firmware updates have had a negative impact on battery life.
    06-28-2016 01:12 PM
    I'm still on my second band for about 6 months now. I haven't any bad problems, just the usual stuff like flaky heart rate monitoring and bogus stair counts. That's to be expected though.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:50 PM
    Ive replaced mine 3 times for the strap splitting. Even switched from a L to a M in order to have it on less tight and had to replace that one in less time than the 2 previous L ones
    06-29-2016 08:37 AM
    I got the original band 2 on release day, have gone thru 3 bands, all for the split on the band. My local store has been great, they never use my replacement warranty on any of them, just swapped me out for a new one right out of their inventory. I sold my new in the box replacement on Craig's list and used the money to buy a Garmin Vivoactive HR. I miss the size and some of the features of my beloved MS Band (also had the original MS Band), but the Garmin is a suitable replacement for me (mostly a runner so GPS and HR are what I need in a device). I will look at the Band 3 when it eventually comes out, I am sure it's band will be well tested.
    06-29-2016 11:46 AM
130 123 ...